The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Is that T.O.C’s apprentice lad?

3 Likes

Lets assume there is an average of say twenty grand debt per car and that 20% of them are sub prime. That makes a dodgy debt of 4 billion. Hardly worth a flying fuck. Mind you i expect some twat in the city has traded the debt and multiplied it, but even if hey got a ten fold leverage that’s still only 40 billion.

In the meantime i understand that financial types are once again trading mortgages, I do so hope there are some global regulations in place to prevent a repeat of the last fiasco.

Sad news in that the family of Keith Bennett will now probably never find out where their son was buried.

3 Likes

Sad indeed for the Bennett family. But I have to say the planet feels just a bit cleaner with Brady gone from it.

VB

1 Like

I quite understand that. There is a bit of me that feels that as Brady has written of wanting to die since 1985 it is a shame that he got what he wanted.

1 Like

By palliative I do hope that involved keeping the cunt alive as long as possible with no pain meds.

Life means Life.

I can’t find an ounce of humanity within me for him nor her.

Good riddance.

1 Like

I did like how Radio 4 got his lawyer in. While there may be a special level of hell for a psychopathic murderer, I wonder what level his lawyer would end up in?

I only hope, that even if for one moment, he actually understood the impact of what he has done, the enduring agony of the families, and felt some shame and remorse.

Sadly, probably not. Likely his last thought was that he was the wronged one in this situation.

There was an article on the beeb today from a journalist who had been exchanging letters with him for 30 years.

He pretty much said Brady understood the evil he had done but still felt no remorse and continued using it for his own attention, full on narcissistic psychopath.

fxt

It’s always difficult to know how to respond to people who are mentally ill. I’m still glad we don’t have the death penalty provided that people like Brady & indeed Peter Sutcliffe are put away for the duration. Looking into the backgrounds of both Brady & Hindley it does appear that Hindley grew up in fairly brutal surroundings where violence was part of everyday life but Brady seems to have been nasty from the outset. Being adopted won’t have helped and he may have been shaped in part by how he was treated by the family he was with. Nobody is born evil though. He either learned that behaviour because no one showed him properly that it was unacceptable or he really did have a mental disorder which meant he wasn’t really responsible for his actions. Having encountered someone undergoing an episode of psychosis it is frightening how ‘not themselves’ someone can become even temporarily. That doesn’t seem to have been Brady’s condition though. He does just seem to have been a fully formed psychopath with zero empathy for anyone else. Even Peter Sutcliffe still cared about some people.

1 Like

I agree, although I understand that some people are incapable of the sympathy that 99.9% of the population have. That doesn’t mean that they should automatically be locked up though.

Of course not. The illness or compulsion would have to be causing them to act in such a way that breaks the law. Then, they would need to be removed from society either permanently or until such time as they no longer presented a threat.

Turns out the shirt I was wearing at Maiden last night has a story, and happened to meet a guy from Montreal who was wearing the post-“ban” redesigned version :stuck_out_tongue: :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and turned out we’re staying in the same hotel as Maiden and they were in the bar last night (but we were too polite to bother them :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

Watched quite an interesting documentary on one of Maiden’s more recent tours: