The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

You’re a Pom, aren’t you :roll_eyes:

here is a thing for the cablists

Due to moving some kit around, needed a 12m Stereo RCA cable, but it needed to be pulled through some very slim line trunking and holes…these baluns allow you to convert RCA to CAT5 and use CAT5 cable for audio. Which was great given I have no RCA cable or connectors, but I do have a 100m roll of CAT5e and loads of IP45 connectors. A single CAT5 cable was easy to get through the trunking and holes

I am sure I’ll be shot for not using the correct cable - but it works brilliantly on the back of a £10 DAC from my TV,

It’s basically the norm for live sound reinforcement. All instruments etc run into stage boxes, which are in part massive multi-channel ADCs, then CAT5 runs to FoH console and Monitors console etc.

1 Like

I didn’t know that although I have often wondered. :+1:

Works for my comparative short run between TV/DAC and amp and provides a really neat solution for a tight space

Don’t Nordost do one.

1 Like
1 Like

That is great. The discussion about the Swearing Clock a bit further down the blog is good too. If I used twitter I might follow that for a while, I don’t so I won’t though.

1 Like

The one with the fox looks uncannily like Sodders.
Unless of course he is the Second Coming…

1 Like

I had to check my Yorkshire tea for mushrooms after I saw this…

I note that the general election thread now has over half the number of posts of the “what alcoholic drink” thread. I wonder if the number of posts in each will be a better indicator of the outcome than the polls - while we care, the GE thread will have more action, until the result is inevitable and all that is left is for us to descend into an alcoholic haze…

Interesting article but don’t understand the size or production standards that the BBC have chosen to use on this article versus other subjects.

Meh, just shove them in the bath and pour on loads of caustic soda. Then rinse the skeleton, hinge the joints and mount in the corner of the room as a “Victorian curiosity”.

2 Likes

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18425367_1729638107051290_3150059391198593026_n.jpg?oh=7adae7a9c26d87bfdd7d7ff457f9403f&oe=59B5C956

5 Likes

Heh.

6 Likes

Just heard that the whole of my old team is moving to India.

Well, their jobs are moving, not the actual people.

Whattheactual?

I guess half of the city is moving to India, the rest to Frankfurt!

1 Like

Exactly what happened to Mrs VB’s team (well, by the time it happened she was ‘the team’ in the UK, all the rest’s jobs had been relocated to Dusseldorf). Hers and all of the others then went to Pune, I believe. Which came as a bad shock to the Germans.

VB