The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Maybe I should have added the caveat; “with grammatical and spelling errors (unless you are a Mercan)”.

1 Like

Ftfy.

2 Likes

I agree - and not because of the split infinitive, which I’m fairly chilled about. It’s just the wrong tense.

Drove from J8 of the M40 to the bottom of the A23 (Brighton) this morning without touching either of the pedals in my car and that includes the entire time i was on the m25. Must be the best part for 85 miles on cruise, easily a personal best. Incredibly lucky on the m25, at no point did i have to drop below 16mph (when CC stops wotking), just kept a massive gap between me and the car infront.

5 Likes

But at 16mph did you have a smaller gap behind?

Nice. I did Gatwick to J21a of the M25, and was deeply pleased with that, but yours must be half as far again or more. An excellent pursuit of silliness :+1:

1 Like

Bloody hard work though, requires considerably more concentration. Made no attemt to repeat it on the way home.

Added bonus is the fuel economy thats achievable when you simply dont brake, got 62mpg. Not bad for a 2.2L auto diesel. (usually get 50mpg on the motorway)

What split infinitive?

1 Like

That whole segment by the teacher is revealed as an awful piece of writing once you start to look closely at it.

But as you suggest, no split infinitive.:grinning:

Lol the one I assumed thanks to wine :rofl:

1 Like

My day off today, so I had to do the shopping.
As I worked my way through the list, I found Ellie had added an item " Batteries for my eyelash curlers" obviously no clue as to what size or how many so I guessed they’d be either AA or AAA and bought 4 of each. But, ffs, eyelash curlers :roll_eyes:

Yeah really, ‘eyelash curlers’, (snigger).

3 Likes

Just as vain as her father then :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Great first album,but lost there way on the last couple of releases imo.

3 Likes

6 Likes

:rage:

1 Like

Tried to chase a Caterham 7 in the C1 this morning. It was a brief try…

2 Likes

can you believe there are now 6 Rees-Moggs…imagine the filibuster conversation about the dinner table

Thank god he didn’t call it a silly name.

3 Likes