The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

If, like I did, you google the story, the parasite and the potential symptoms you will learn otherwise.

Sad and salutary tale.

1 Like

Unless Iā€™m mistaken think he was calling your response to the school meals ā€œutter bollocksā€

(Which it wasnā€™t and much more polite than I would have worded my similar opinion)

2 Likes

Ah yes, well spotted, albeit though my response is much the same.

Tory politicians have openly called for more kill-the-poor/austerity policies, and those policies have been linked with increased poverty by apolitical expert bodies, e.g. peer-reviewed work published in the BMJ : https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/01/180129223939.htm

As I write this, Michael Macintyre is on the telly. Heā€™s been on for about erm, a while, and I have yet to laugh at anything he has said. Not even a titter.

The audience seem to think they have struck comedy gold, and are wetting themselves with mirth.

I am actually quite annoyed now.

I suppose he isnā€™t my kind of comedian.

I mostly like the funny ones.

MM clearly has wide appeal, but Iā€™m fucked if I can guess why.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a reason for that. Heā€™s about as funny as toothache.

Utter, utter wanker.

3 Likes

About as good as john bishop

8 Likes

Indeed. Thereā€™s little between them as far as stand-up comedy is concerned.

Bishop is marginally less punchable.

1 Like

Yeah, but weā€™re talking microns

1 Like

Scouse wanker vs Southern wanker.

A veritable confusion of wankers.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re no Simon Evans for sure

Meanwhile, Tesco reaches out to ever more niche demographicsā€¦

2 Likes

Bigger is betterer. Nuclear fusion, starting to seem like a bit of a waste of money TBH. Renewables across the piece are likely to resolve the energy question long before Nuclear fusion is out of the research labs.

Del Boy George

1 Like

They are the only sensible long term solution. But governments are still understandably twitchy about the storage needed to get us over the calm/cloudy days. Better batteries etc will come though. Itā€™s just a matter of time. Then the only remaining issue will be economics - the (current) first worldā€™s renewables are inherently more expensive than those available in sunnier countries. Sooner or later thatā€™s going to start to matter.

I worked close to it for years and I can see your point. The justification is getting, more and more, to be energy security rather than energy availability. Itā€™s not much of a justification TBH.

VB

Fusion might be necessary for space travel. Space isnā€™t great for renewables. That said, I canā€™t thing of many downsides to fission in space, itā€™s certainly smaller.

Unless it gets us to warp speeds it quite frankly doesnā€™t matter. We will only ever travel to a couple of nearby planets until some clever bastard figures out how to go faster than the speed of light, which they wont. Space travel, waste of time and money.

No, we need to colonise the solar system for when the asteroid hits

I am building a warp drive in my garage.

In fact it will be driven by a vegan fusion reactor.

1 Like

Do warped records spin faster?