The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

I can let you have some dilithium crystals I bought from a bloke with a ridiculous scotch accent on Craigslist. I only want what I paid for them.

3 Likes

Great, I am claiming Neptune, all of it. I shall pass it down in my Will and my family will prosper.

Well, at least everybody will know what itā€™s power source is :smirk:

1 Like

are the marmite generators still intact?

There will be some break point where fusion beats fission because output-joule-for-output-joule fusion fuel is a lot lighter. But if all youā€™re going to do is to accelerate up to coasting speed at the start of the journey and slow down (by radiating kinetic energy ?) at the end then how many joules will you need ?

VB

How many vegans do you need to achieve fusion?

Are you prepared to sign an NDA?

I promise to only publicise the information on hereā€¦which effectively is the same thing. :grin:

983.5 vegans per hour - which is much more than I anticipated. But I forgot they donā€™t have a high calorific value as they donā€™t eat proper food.

soon weā€™ll need to start farming vegans

1 Like

I canā€™t give you a number but I do know that it will be pale in comparisonā€¦

1 Like

He is the worst of the worst.

Christ knows how anyone can think heā€™s funny

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t disagree more - donā€™t even have a rational argument - donā€™t need one, just desperately want to see other worlds.

Bitter and gutted that Iā€™ll certainly not live to partake.

5 Likes

Maybe the greater heat of fusion will be necessary? Canā€™t see fission being a limit though really, in the absence of bothering to do the maths.

Iā€™m with you Sodders.
This is 2018, whereā€™s my fucking personal spaceship??!!
(In brown and with movable seats, obviously).

1 Like

It kept Patrick Moore out of mischief (mostly) and diverted at least some resource away from the American and Russian military who might otherwise just have bought more and bigger bombs with it.

VB

The best thing that could happen, is we never have the knowledge/technology to get away from this planet, and fuck up another one.

2 Likes

Rough day ?

No. Great day. Granddaughter and family here, and she is a doll.

1 Like

Excellent. Enjoy !

7000th post in this thread.

Oh yeah.