The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Yay :unamused:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15492526_1324987960905656_3071165856681923134_n.jpg?oh=ce4d5a153b40d5e0546d62f10f02edc5&oe=58E62DE2

What price a decent seat?

Thatā€™s fucking mental, I didnā€™t even know you could buy a lease on a box for hundreds of years, let alone that they could be traded like property. I suppose the owners of these theaters see fuck all of the money. I hope the same shit doesnā€™t happen in lotto funded rebuilt auditoriums.

IIRC the RAH was funded by subscription so a bunch of the boxes etc are held by the families of some of the original subscribers. This is why the boxes are almost always empty during gigs.

1 Like

Someone "treated"me to a ticket in one of those boxes to see Clapton in 87.
Still holding onto that resentment 30 years later.

1 Like

Fucking brilliant branding considering the way it is parkedā€¦

2 Likes
1 Like

oh dear

Done worse.

So has Trump

1 Like

I tried to follow the link but was blocked because itā€™s not free in the UK (I guess Iā€™d need to set up some sort of proxy to look like I was French or something).

Anyway I walked The Broomway (more exactly, half of it there and back) one afternoon last summer. Itā€™s weird. And you can see how people could die on it. This is what it looks like

The problem is that the Maplin Sands, which are great to walk on, are separated from the Foulness shoreline for most of their length by a band of mud about a hundred yards wide which is too liquid and sticky to bear your weight. So even if you know which way the shore is you canā€™t get to it without sinking in to your waist and getting trapped. And then the tide comes in (game over). Of course if the fog comes in first then you canā€™t see the shore and youā€™re as likely to walk out into the sea as towards the land (game over again).

We went as far as we did then turned around a) because our guide was not a very fast walker and b) because further along The Broomway the army use the sands for artillery training, quite often with live rounds. These make deep craters. After a couple of tides the craters have refilled and canā€™t be seen. But the sand in them is now loose and soft i.e. quicksand. If you walk into one you sink (game over).

I can recommend the walk as an interesting if slightly edgy afternoon out. Try and do it on a day when Foulness is open for visitors (this is not very often). Even if it is though I donā€™t think the paths which link to The Broomway are open. So, like us, when you get to the Foulness sea bank you either have to turn round and walk back or perch there until the tide has come in and gone out again. The army (strictly speaking Qinetiq) donā€™t like unannounced visitors and apparently they go out of their way to make an example of them, pour decourager les autres.

VB

1 Like

Someone else posted this but it is just addictive viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKWgImK1RAD9IGjWZqxmIw

Ffs those ā€˜creme bruleesā€™ should be handed in to a local police station.

Jesus Christ, have you seen the (virtually raw) spaghetti canrbanara (sic) ? :hushed:

Literally.

1 Like

http://toogoodtogo.co.uk/

Good idea.

1 Like

Oops! I work for a European company and the internet connects automatically to Swiss Google, I forgot to change it to the UK version today. I shall try and update/edit.

Edit: Unfortunately I canā€™t find it on Google UK. :worried:

Dave Greenfield pre Stranglers;