Today I have mainly been

It’s the non thinking ones who drive their vehicles down there that are the pain in the arse.

Repairing my Heybrook HB2 speakers, shopping and watching rugby on catch-up. Waiting in for Ms ICHM to materialise.

no this is a different issue . although that equal pay dispute cost dearly . a friend of mine who cleans tower blocks got 50k in this equal pay dispute. multiply that by the many employees and it explains why they are in a pickle

Workers are on strike due to a dispute over job losses. The Unite union claims restructuring plans threaten the jobs of more than 120 staff, while the council says plans will modernise the service and save £5m a year.

1 Like

fab , heard one of their speakers at scalford and it was very engaging . very good waf factor I imagine

Been trying to get out of emptying the loft by using the gift of science.

By deploying the thought experiment of Shroedingers Attic at her. The loft is both empty of shit and full of shit until she looks inside it.

The fact that she has never been in the ruddy loft for years should allow me to get out this vile task.

Science … it is fucking everywhere even in my loft, somewhere between the 1970’s suitcase and an old dolls house.

1 Like

No one has been in my loft since we’ve lived here. Perfect solution. ‘Is the loft tidy love?’ ‘Of course it is my sweet’

1 Like

Is all your shite crushing the insulation rendering it ineffective?

1 Like

It is both crushing and not crushing. Dunno until I get up there and make shit happen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ffs I’m not an electrician you know. I understand that the bit between the joist bears no weight.

1 Like

been up in the loft past few days . putting boarding down and making more storage . fortunately this one is nice and clean unlike so many others , like you mention . so often they are full of dust and bodge ups . last year I did one and found all the old asbestos pipes from the warm air heating secreted under the insulation !!!

If you have the recommended thickness (230mm) the chances are that it will/should stand quite a way above your joists, therefore loading shite on top of your joists will compress it :roll_eyes: If you don’t have the recommended thickness, top it up while you are up there, it will make a nice change from you being on semi-permanent holiday and gadding around the world on a sangria fuelled golf binge :grinning:

2 Likes

In a similar vein, just fixed my SL1210, which had developed a rather nauseous speed stability issue.

Up since fuck-knows-when with a now vomiting child. On my fuck-knows-how-many cup of tea :+1:

Ouch.

Recovering from the ingestion of Night Nurse. I feel really spaced out. Work is proving tricky. Maybe I just need to lie down and listen to Ozric Tentacles.

1 Like

Night Nurse is great stuff. Reminds me of the old days

1 Like

Making an appointment at the vets.

Need to send it to Sellafield to dispose of it. :frowning:

You been feeding your dog mustard?

Does it not have the wherewithal to shit in a bucket?

1 Like