Today I have mainly been

being thick here , whats he difference between a wetsuit and a drysuit ?

Wetsuit has a thin layer of water between you and the suit, where as a dry suit is completely sealed and keeps you dry with a layer of insulating air between you and the suit and outside world.

2 Likes

Pissing in a wetsuit provides pleasure, pissing in a drysuit is considered bad form.

6 Likes

Lifting the Dahlias for winter storage.

Then eating pheasant. It’s that time of year.

Lunch from the butcher, a pheasant pastie. Tonight it’s pheasant risotto. Both delicious.

Now listening to Genesis - Nursery Cryme on the record player that I liberated from the charity shop for £4.99. It turns out to be in in perfect condition and a first pressing.

And generally being rather pissed.

5 Likes

Great album :+1:

Great state :+1:

3 Likes

There are 2 types of diver, those who piss in a wetsuit, and those that lie :slight_smile:
And bob is spot in - in a wetsuit you heat your own layer of water between you and the suit, in a semi-dry suit the seals are tighter so that layer doesn’t flush in/out as much, so you stay warmer (less energy to heat the same water) and a dry suit should be just that - dry inside. As mine wasn’t it was time for a new one.

In the UK you really need a drysuit as the water is too cold to use a wetsuit or semi dry after about October/November when it starts dipping from 17 or so over the late summer, already 14 just now and will keep going down until marh/april time. Sea diving is even colder.

Earing chocolate gingers waiting for the tide to go out to get to Holy Island as my twit of a mate got the tide times wrong.

5 Likes

maybe a drysuit might suit you too !!

at least you didn’t need to use this

1 Like

Exeter cathedral all hand knitted

7 Likes

Took the dogs out for a walk, prepared Dinner and now settling down to watch the rugby :+1:

Trying, and failing, to untangle the mutts fur. Totally bunged up with something called piri-piri-burr.

Horrible spiky things similar to top of thistles. Apparently from New Zealand and infesting Holy Island.

Looks like the poor mutt will be getting a number 2 all over as soon as poss.

That stuff is a bugger. Invasive, spreads up water courses. Make sure you burn seeds / mutt clippings.

Think it might be a vet job :frowning:

Utterly knarled up really close to her skin and I can’t get close to clip.

Hells Flames.

Try massaging some vegetable oil in to her fur where the burrs are and then tease them out away from the skin, then you might be able to cut them out.

Have you got something like this?

When Ruby gets burrs really embedded, I can sometimes use her dematting comb to get them out, but you have to go carefully.

Thanks Rob. She has been in the shower for past hour and I have been teasing them away and snipping. Got a lot off, but a few larger tufts on her chest are so close to her skin.

Manged to squeeze them and get a lot of the sharpness from them and get the ones on her arse, so she is not so stressed now.

Have the fire on full chat so she can dry out and hopefully be able to get another load off.

Absolutely horrible stuff was totally unaware of it until today.

1 Like

Nursing my student nurse daughter who’s come down with some lurgy and needs to make a decent recovery in 48 hrs before she heads back to the acute mental health ward she’s on placement at.

She’ll get better and I’ll come down with it obvs :slightly_frowning_face:

Remind me when we meet at a gathering to tell you of this hut, chocolate cake and a bag of ‘SKIPS’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope you manage to get them all out. They seem to be really bad this year.

I had the same problem with Basil in the Lakes last week and he managed a spectacular performance worthy of a lifetime AA achievement award.

The buds got stuck in his tail. Lots of them. Then he had a shit. Lots of it.

The two combined while it was raining. So there I am, outside a caravan in the rain and a cold wind, picking buds and shit out of the tail of a collie who thinks this is a great game.

He now has a particularly scruffy looking tail and I’m not biting my nails for a long, long time.

6 Likes