Today I have mainly been

He doesn’t like us does he? Can’t think why not.

WTF is Maverick?

Rudi and I shared a room with him at the last proper Scalford. He is a very decent chap.

2 Likes

I just remember him having a proper go at AA on what used to be the Wam a while back. Might have been when we were new and still a bit over enthusiastic.

He’s a good guy Rob.

2 Likes

Meh, nothing worth reading over there since that Volvo bothering, tallish bloke off-loaded it.

3 Likes

I don’t doubt it Rob, as I said I just remember him having a go at us about something. Was probably justified, tbh. I’d dig out a link if it didn’t mean having to log back into the travesty that used to be a good forum.

2 Likes

It was, but nothing like it has happened post The Great Burn.

1 Like

This is a short exchange I once had with “Maverick” on Facebook

6 Likes

But, but you would!

If memory serves it was about the use of the ‘m’ word.

Dare say a nice enough guy, but enjoys travelling to high-dudgeon. Unfortunately, on a one way ticket.

Yeah, that was it.

I tried to convince him that we’d weeded out that stuff but he wasn’t having it.

Didn’t mean to start a maverick bashing, unless it was this cunt:

I like him. He was good fun at Scalford. He took one for the team and talked to Wayne when Wayne was blotto late on the Saturday evening, which was really brave.

:smirk:

4 Likes

Olga?

I never touched her! How very dare you!

1 Like

music and jellyfish

Walking. South over Blewburton Hill then Lowbury Hill to the Ridgeway. OK, it was my choice, and I did set out at noon, but all the same the low winter sun became hard work. I then turned west along the Ridgeway at pretty much the same time as the sun did. I was back to squinting again all the way to my turn north-east for home, just before Scutchamer Knob. Phew, some respite at last. So I was half way down the hill before I turned round and realised that now it couldn’t blind me any more it had decided to put this display on instead

Needless to say my phone pic doesn’t come close to doing it justice. And all for free.

VB

20 Likes

Fantastic image!

Thanks. As I say, it was better than that in reality (especially as I’ve compressed the image so as not to take up too much of Jon’s storage).

The one thing I missed in the pic is that on the very right hand side there was a single bird, flapping its wings like billy-o and hovering above the field. I guess some small predator hoping for a bit of supper before the light went completely.

VB

Sounds like a Kestrel

Probably

1 Like