Today I have mainly been

And a clean of the workshop lathe

8 Likes

Depressed.

Fuck it all.

1 Like

Beautiful. But isn’t the whole point of the tray and splash back to collect as much of the swarf/cutting fluid/ general crap as possible ? I never really understood why they weren’t painted a heavily speckled/chipped/scratched mucky brown colour. Because that’s how they’ll be after 5 minutes use :confused:.

VB

Mainly for looks but hopefully will keep rust away longer. We try and keep the machines as clean as possible. Some of the lathes we get are awful, and amazed they still work ok

Make a list of all of the positives and another of all the negatives in your life.

The positive list would/should be very long…

I can only think of two negatives - both beginning with A:

Audio Abattoir
Aga

1 Like

You forgot Arsenal

Alpacas

2 Likes

Angela rippon

Aosis :wink:

5 Likes

Audiophiles.

Americunts

Hello, what’s going on here? All looks a bit HFWW. :confused:

3 Likes

Uhh, Holy Fuck What a Whopper? :thinking:

These new fangled turntables are very complicated !

Working 2 roles due to staff shortage. In my job that “literally” means 2 roles. Virtually impossible but with a little help from another manager (helping a bit on top of his usual duties), I just about managed it. Not something to be repeated as my Area Manager found out (his ears will still be ringing from the burst of profanities).
This was my last shift until Boxing Day when I start 7 Night shifts.
Still, 4 days off is a decent result. Company iPad is off. Phone is off.
Some serious drinking and eating to be done before Tuesday.

4 Likes

doing the fucking Christmas shopping.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Managed to walk from work to the adjacent station without stabbing too many random shoppers, slipped into John Lewis (not sure if he noticed), bought some Clarins and some Clinique for Narelle, ran out before the crowds caused me to go complete potato, got on tube and made it home with no witnesses.

1 Like

:rooster:

1 Like

The West End is a hell hole this time of year. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Indeed. And yet we work right there. In the middle of it :sleeping_bed:

1 Like