Today I have mainly been

Wasn’t just moving it, she was washing & riddling it & getting covered in mud in the process. Foolish in this heat.

As is most things, other than sitting in the garden drinking :+1:

Fucking working

Well ? Which is it ?

2 Likes

Both foolish in this heat.

VB

1 Like

We are all terribly British aren’t we, twenty something degrees C :grin:

Mrs VB and I spent our first year of marriage in Houston TX. Through the summer it often didn’t fall below 85F overnight and it could be 90% humidity too. Sticky, sticky …

VB

When I were a lad…

Not the former alas.

It was absolutely sweltering in the stockroom I was working in all day - right beneath our lovely corrugated metal roof and we ended up having to move some of the stock into our cold room to stop it from melting. But hey it’s alright for up plebs to shift a fuck load of wine boxes around in the same heat.

No wonder I drink :grin:

Still, it was a very nice ride home on the bike- still daylight and still pleasantly warm.

1 Like

…to the kit car show at Stoneleigh.

Seemed a bit quiet, but had a lovely drive there and back and bought a few bits and pieces for the car.

Family do’s and today Morecambe with the dogs.

I recall arriving in Houston one summer (1991) & stepping out of the airport, panicking as there was no air outside. Had to dive back into the air conned terminal & devise a strategy for surviving there. Never been anywhere quite so close.

2 Likes

Yeah. Same latitude as Cairo and, once the summer gets going, with the fast-evaporating Gulf of Mexico just 50 miles away. If you left your aircon on overnight your windows would be running with condensation the next morning on the outside. You develop an involuntary clench each time you walk out into the open air if, as you say, there is any.

VB

1 Like

Woke up, always a bonus, with the added pleasure that i have stopped pooping for England. Was the bank holiday nice?

On the plus side, think of you pounds you have lost :poop::laughing:

1 Like

Googling times and tickets for a K - pop outfit for number 1 niece’s birthday.

I didn’t realise how big the whole K - pop boy band thing was, or quite how weird it was either.

I watched one of the videos on YouTube. Hmm - when I were a lad music was all about screaming and stuff on fire. The whole autotuned sexual ambiguity thing leaves me a bit nonplussed.

Calling in sick, in order to drink gin in the garden. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good effort there.

This is summer and it will be over soon; he’s a wise man :+1:

I only came back to do a couple of mins paperwork. It’s just too nice sitting with the mutt 'bathing.

So… I gathered up the courage, got my story straight and called myself to tell me that I was sick and that I intended to do the little jobs tomorrow. I told me that nowt was spoiling and to take it easy. :slight_smile:

7 Likes