Tools you have bought/desire

They’re not just ground, they’re lapped to achieve the highest tolerances. Proper engineering :+1:

Get yourself a little lathe for the kitchen;

3 Likes

Like using Engineers Blue to check that you had filed edges perfectly flat. Halcyon days, long gone.

2 Likes

Sadly, yes.

Our sister company had a contract to produce some parts for an aerospace co. and the flatness tolerances were just not possible on their very expensive cnc machines. They took them to an old bloke working out of a lock-up who hand scraped them. Needless to say, they passed inspection…

3 Likes

I could have been that old bloke. Some of the fits you could achieve with watered Blue and needle files (Vallorbe ?) you wouldn’t believe.

35 posts were split to a new topic: Career Choices

Want.

1 Like

Pah ! This is what you want…

2 Likes

Yes quite fancy a Grainfather, or similar. Might just give BIAB a go first before splashing out.

I’ve been brewing BIAB for a few years now. It’s a very effective way to brew. Well worth a try :+1:

Now Narelle is back in work, I will probably look at the basic unit and build up from there.

1 Like

It does seem pretty great, I ordered one of these for my Dad, https://www.massdrop.com/buy/57756

Which kicked off the whole wanting to homebrew look at shiny things :smiley:

1 Like

Looks good. But ten pints wouldn’t last through a gloomy Tuesday in this house :smile:

Its a toy, but for $300 why not, bit of fun.

1 Like

Troo dat.

I desire myself

You’re certainly a tool… I’ll give you that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sexually Self-Sufficient :+1:

micro_fap

4 Likes

Bought yesterday. Just fished a 1.5" screw, and my SiL’s butterfly clasp (lost at Christmas) out of the shower trap.

I’m sure @A_Touch_of_Cloth will be around in a minute to tell me why plungers are baaaad, m’kay?

1 Like

Aww bless… look at your cute wittle pwunger :slight_smile:

Plunging is good for the soul… but ferrrrrrchrissakes man get a proper one.