Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

Apologies, I was assuming someone else had thrown a pint over you.

the article on the Alban Bun refers to Cardamom or Grains of Paradise (Aframomum melegueta) which is a species in the ginger family - I would expect the latter to impart a peppery citrus flavour and the former a spiced citrus flavour

Although the image shows green Cardomom, they could also mean black cardamom.

Perhaps @AmDismal can provide tasting notes to solve this mystery,

1 Like

On the basis that it simply seemed a good idea? :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m expecting @Wayward and his staff to go headlong in finding the best hot cross bun West London has to offer. Anything less than a £1000 spent over the next 6 weeks will be deemed a failure imo

4 Likes

hold on a minute - we need to find the best hot cross bun - salted butter combo. £1k aint going to be enough with added foo butter.

…and cheese. Don’t forget the cheese.

I think I might be a bit out on a limb with that. I like in the same way I like a bit of strong cheddar with dark fruit cake or malt loaf (that’s another thing the benefits from decent salted butter)

1 Like

Don’t like the sound of cheese with a hot cross bun. You lot are weird

3 Likes

weird us? fancy having uncle bens without tomatoes - now that’s weird

2 Likes

Why do we need to specify salted butter every time the creamy lush stuff is mentioned, butter is always salted unless you are baking a sponge cake or you are a complete numfuck :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

When I was head chef at a Michelin restaurant,it was rice and cheese only. Tomatoes have only been added to the menu recently and is an optional extra

4 Likes

I couldn’t do without the brutality we have here particularly in the food discussions. :smiley:

2 Likes

I spose you like beans on your hot cross buns then?

hmmmm - would you make a roux based sauce with salted butter? or hollandaise or other stuff.

Nope, but I am still expecting Oz to recommend HCBuns with Vegemite.

I’m not a complete savage :rage:

You’re proving my point :+1: Unsalted butter is for food prep. Only.

My waistline hasn’t gone down any since the pie exploration!

Will see what we can do…

1 Like

We do need to be running a Foo butter survey along side this investigation.

5 Likes

Good stuff,don’t let the VIP blokes cape deadline get in the way of hcb’s

1 Like