Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

Tres amusant. One was toasted, the other warmed in the oven. Iceland do sell the odd thing that isn’t frozen, including baked goods. They were overly dense though, a phrase I might be tempted to use slightly more widely.

1 Like

Hoping to get some from the baker in the village - unpretentious fare usually, but good and robust and tasty.

I’ve also been browsing Ocado’s offer… I would have liked to try some of their dozen-or-so options, but with one sole exception they ALL have fucking Palm Oil in!

Despite the attention given to the massive environmental problems PO production causes 4-5 years ago, it’s still widely used. It’s also nearly as unhealthy as lard…

Fortunately Waitrose’s “essential” cheapy HxB is PO free, so on order, and I’ll report back later in the week.

3 Likes

Significant.

Envelopes are being pushed.

1 Like

And for those who don’t know how to make these properly. One of the first things we were taught at Oxford uni of advanced cookery was how to toast hcb’s

9 Likes

I feel fortunate merely have witnessed this… :star_struck:

1 Like

Heavy handed buttering is to be applauded. In ĺooks alone I give the above 7/10.

Still a lot of currents on show. I’ve printed this pic off to laminate and stick above the toaster for you know who.

3 Likes

Are you cunts on commission from the hot cross bun industry. One hundred and forty fucking seven posts about the feckin’ things.

3 Likes

Slightly stodgy middle but good for the price

A firm 7 out of 10 as a good all rounder

1 Like

1 Like

Yes,but as we were taught at Uni, dead dough means no dough

currants

5 Likes

Damned spelcheck

spellcheck :wink:

1 Like

I fucking know. :slight_smile:

Never underestimate the predictability of a cunt.

1 Like

bit of uneven toasting means the entry is disqualified. I suggest your equipment is worn out from overuse. You need a new toaster

In fairness I set the trap expecting to ensnare the most northerly of all cunts … The Pmac.

Can’t blame the toaster as I spunked the best part of £10 on it

5 Likes

2 Likes

you was done - you need a Rowlett