Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

The toaster is on stillpoints,has upgraded caps and a dedicated wall shelf. Can’t see a posh toaster beating it

2 Likes

I’m still a cunt when i’m asleep cos of my snoring :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wasting your time and ours without a decent mains cable.

Fucking Casuals… :confounded:

1 Like

I’ll be sampling these later

The top pack is mine. The abominations at the bottom were chosen by Lou :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have taken delivery of some Asda HCBs. I’m unconvinced by the looks of them, but will scoff them later in the interests of Science.

Had one of the bottom ones today. Pleasant, but in no way a HCB.

Any recommendations for Hot Calm Buns?

1 Like

A two week ban would seem appropriate for that sort of thing.

:grin:

1 Like

Lou enjoyed her hot notcross buns.

I had a proper one and I’ll give it 7/10

A bit doughy in the middle (after TOASTING obv) but I quite like that. Slightly light on the spices with good juicy fruit content, but I enjoyed it with lashings of Lou’s homemade butter. Will try the Co-op next time and I hear there is a local bakery that I’m investigating.

3 Likes

I had an Asda Extra Special today, extra fruit my arse, I’ll stick to the dozen for £1.

1 Like

This. They were marginally better than the Iceland HCBs which were unpleasant. I would describe the ASDA HCBs as bland. Insufficient fruit and flavour to be acceptable. Thus far, the M&S Luxury HCBs are preferable, with the 12 pack of mini-HCBs being the best of the mass-market varieties I’ve tried.

Had these delivered by Ocado lat night, and Sam and I had them for breakfast-in-bed - toasted, with lashings of -

We chose these because they are the only ones not to use Palm Oil.

Ocado seem to operate a pre-staling service for all baked goods, so despite being 3 days within date, they were, in my opinion, a tad dry if you’re one of those wierdos who don’t either toast them or warm-them up in the oven.

Upsides are the overall taste is great - dough is firm, tasty and lacks excess bicarb or filler flavours; currants are enormous and spread in just the right density so you always get one in each bite, but they don’t dominate.

Spicing is lovely, dominated by clove, which really suits this sort of product.

At 89p for a pack of 4 they’re a sane price too.

I’d give them 4-out-of-5 if they arrive fresher - I suspect buying them in the supermarket, they will be. :+1:

1 Like

How d’ya mean?

Need to have lots of spices, candied fruit and raisins/sultanas, toasted with cold salted Irish butter.

(Enough spices to remind you every 30 mins you’ve eaten one (or 12 in my case))

Fuck off with all your poncy butter shite, kerrygold is the only butter to use.

ronger than a rong thing with rong things on top

2 Likes

Is very correct. :slightly_smiling_face:

Moar failier is not possible. This is Trump-sized bigly wrong. :face_with_monocle:

http://www.forkandbottle.com/pantry/butter/index.htm

Real Butter selection.

2 Likes

This. Very. Much. THIS.

Disgusting industrial “butter” for people who don’t like butter. Kerrygold is fit only for axle grease

3 Likes

I’ve just been given a butter churn as a birthday present. I’ve just googled butter churning…

2 Likes

Is that the Jam Shed talking?