What albums have you bought lately?

Where were these? :heart_eyes:

Sat in racks of unsorted vinyl in a local record shop. I must have gone through maybe 2000 records and pulled out about 50 of similar quality.

Record shop has been a mess for years but the rather eccentric and hoarding owner sadly died last year and his friend has taken over the shop and is slowly transforming it. This was a couple of hours chatting and going through the racks he thought were soul, Iā€™ll be going back to look at rock later this week.

Nice find. Hope he makes a success of it.

2 Likes

I remember going in there now and then ten years ago, typically Iā€™d say ā€œhave you got such and such* recordā€ and the owner would root about, go look upstairs, go back to the racks and invariably pull a copy out in about 20 mins. Then youā€™d have a listen over a cup of tea.

After a listen youā€™d say ā€œso how much do you want for it?ā€, at which point heā€™d snatch it back off you and say ā€œno no, itā€™s not for saleā€. The guy was a record hoarder who had a shop and hated to see records go! Lovely guy though and knew every track every recorded.

(* Such and Such had a short 2 album career 1972-75 before splitting up and all going into insurance sales except the drummer who became a bin man because he couldnā€™t count past 4).

1 Like

some goodies there. :+1:

Looks like a lot of originals as well :+1:

1 Like

Yep :+1:

I need to check my shelves in case Iā€™ve been burgled

1 Like
3 Likes

Linky please :pray:t2:

For?

Thought there might be a link to purchase said album, or maybe Iā€™m missing the point, anyway regardless is there anywhere I can buy it - seems to be oos everywhere

Click on the blue Polytechnic Youth under the photo. It will take you to a faecesbook page with ordering details. If you must.

Exactly. The damn thing is a link! You read the FB page and send 14 quid to the PayPal addy. With your address in the notes bit.
No shop front. Though it will be in stores too.

Hate FB but if I mustā€¦ ta

Iā€™m not on FB. You can still read the page

You will need to mention the name of the record in the notesā€¦

If you have a PayPal account, it should already be linked to an address.

Ok yep got it, cheers

Thanks for posting that. Hope Iā€™m one of the 300

1 Like