What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Had a Masons Yorkshire Tea Gin tonight but barman gave me a smell of some Alnwick Gin which smelled spicy to me and I really want to try some now.

Ever tried it @anon14766838

https://www.alnwickgin.co.uk/home

Just home from work, so a couple of these while watching qualifying…

We have half a bottle of Alnwick Gin, it is smooth on the palate, and very floral - from memory lots or rosemary and lavender.

Never tried the Masons Yorkshire tea gin you refer to. Have had a taster of the Masons Gin, but don’t really recall it.

1 Like

Well he said the Masons had tea in it and when I looked it up they seem to have loads of different ones so I’m assuming it’s the Yorkshire Tea one.

Think I’ll get a bottle of that Alnwick gin, sounds good. I knew you’d have had it.

The Aldi gin (much praised in the papers of late) is actually pretty good although the £9.95 is for a 70 cl bottle & they only had litres. Selling very well though. The power of positive press & social media.

1 Like

Yep, ive started buying that as of last month, perfectly drinkable.

Pour it into a posh bottle when no one is looking if the lable is off putting.

I’m going to have to find me a bottle.

I recall a horrible run-in with Morrison’s “whisky” which has left me with a strong aversion to own-brand spirits.

If you go to our closest Aldi on a Saturday afternoon the beer and spirits section is more or less cleaned out. That Gin (along with their £10 whisky and the decent real ale) is only available before 11am ime.

Today…

G&Ts made with the Lidl Hampstead Dry Gin. Nice without be anything particularly outstanding. A bit…errr…Gordons. If you know what I mean ?

and then…

Spritz made with…

at £7.99 for 70cl from Lidl, it’s a worthy challenger for Aperol. The differences are sooo subtle that it’s probably made at the same place and rebadged. Only the worst kind of label snob would ignore this.

Was…
https://winedown.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/o/southern-lights-sauvignon-blanc_1_1.jpg
Then…

Now…

2 Likes

A fair few actually. Tomorrow morning could be tricky.

1 Like

Snap! Also my tipple this evening.

Cheers!

Cheers !

Cheap and cheerful but washed down my tuna and red onion baguettes quite nicely.

I’ve even got the exact same glass.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Posh bugger

:wink:

1 Like

Is it just me, or does the “Le Petit Chat” logo look like your traditional cock & balls graffito?

Just me, then.