What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

7 Night shifts completed. A couple of days off, so thought I’d treat myself (well us actually)…

Chateau de Parenchere
Cuvee Raphael Gazaniol

No photo available.

1 Like

Just heading to the Jerusalem Tavern, the only pub owned by the St Peter’s brewery, so you can probably guess what I’ll be drinking.

http://www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk/london-pub/

Sounds tasty :+1:

Needed decanting through a fine filter and a couple of hours breathing before it opened up. To be honest I was a little underwhelmed. But by the last half of the last glass, it was just starting to give up it’s treasures. Alas a little late.

My advice, if you can get the 1997, is decant, filter, aerate well, decant again then give it a couple of hours.

1 Like

I used to love that pub when I worked in Farringdon

Tried a sample of this down the pub tonight. It is very nice in my opinion, but I’m not (yet) a gin expert, but trying hard. £16.00, 43%.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=280608896

of all the ones Tesco have put their name to, this is probably the nicest… we quite like it…

Which tonic etc. do you recommend? I’m planning a trip to Tesco’s tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I’m not a hugely good example when it comes to tonic, as I hate sweet things and find most tonics have too much sugar for my palate. We mainly stick to Schweppes diet tonic, occasionally we’ll have a fever tree light. I don’t like the flavoured tonics very much, as they taste a bit artificial to me.

You can enhance the aromatics of any gin by the garnish you use. This gin from memory is quite orange, citrus, so I would avoid a citrus garnish, unless of course you want that sharp hit you get from fresh citrus, a opposed to a warmer citrus flavour you’d get from the dried peel in the distillation.

1 Like

Make your mind up! :grinning:

2 Likes

Was…

Now…

2 Likes

over time we are allowed to change our minds. It certainly doesn’t rank in my top list of gins. But we have a bottle and I gave my first impressions back in November. Since then I have tried it in a Martinez and a Negroni which its orange botanicals lend itself to, and my initial impressions have softened. I still wouldn’t make a Martini or dry drink with it.

Bloody gorgeous.:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Tea. Dry January, by the skin of my teeth right now.

2 Likes

I couldn’t go fully dry so have been abstaining from an evening beer on Mondays Tuesdays & Thursdays so far this year. That’s do-able.

1 Like

I found the first 15 years the tricky bit.

4 Likes

I’m having a wet January.:grinning:

1 Like

Making the most of our EU membership before it gets taken away & the Belgian stuff gets more expensive?

1 Like
7 Likes