What kit are you listening to today?

Aurender N100, Bricasti M1, Luxman CL 38u, Inspire Eclipse 12 w/Hana SL, ME Geithain RL 903K.

14 Likes

OK, you lot asked for it. After that treasure trove, I present to you, this -

All is not as it seems though, as the Gemini X1 Pro power Amp is a 2 X 200w per channel, IRS2092 Class D Stereo Power Amp with 500 VA Transformer,
35amp 400v Bridge rectifiers and 4 X 10,000uf 63V caps fitted in the power supply.

See, classy eh ? :rofl:

12 Likes

Nice. I need to hear me some Geithains - love the quirky look and tech. Keepers?

Seriously - WTF are you whinging about? That’s a cracking system - the Celans are MAHOOSIVELY underrated speaks, and sound good with almost anything driving them…

…and as we all know, all amplifiers sound exactly the same…

Yep I’ve had a pair of those Hecos and they were bloody brilliant :+1:

Yep definitely - one day I’ll go back to passive I bet; it’s the way of things

1 Like

OK, I do agree that the speaks are pretty decent.

But not his new speakers.

1 Like

:frowning:

Kit hasn’t changed for a while now
Luxman D08u sacd player
Modwright Transporter
Audio note Japan Ongaku
Living Voice OBX RW
Avant-garde Uno Finos

Apologies for poor phone pics

22 Likes

Adequate.

Could do with another two speakers :grinning:

There’s some lovely stuff here. I’m either drooling or lusting or both at once. One ‘like’ is frankly insufficient.

Keep it coming, I’m very curious as to what other objects of desire you chaps have tucked away.

2 Likes

just playing my av amp into the speakers [frugalhorn ] and must say i was expecting them to sound thin, tinny and horrible through this little modest denon avr and its not bad at all. also playing through it an old rotel cd player which also impressed

P1050211 by , on Flickr

ps the proacs are gone now to a great home

2 Likes

Today I’ve listened to a Luxman SQ-38 Signature like this one

and an Art Audio Quintet, like this only in chrome

VB

9 Likes

binned

10 Likes

Nice job
The Audyn True Copper Max are very nice for a plastic film cap

Ta. And yes, those are bloody excellent, but iirc they’re foil and film - they are certainly more than twice the size of the silver films per unit value and wouldn’t fit in the Puresound without impinging on too much else. Probably be my first choice for xovers tho :+1:

Fair point about the size, they are chunky

1 Like

Turning into a proper hifi forum innit? Next we’ll have Serge dropping in telling you all the foo-ing about hasn’t made a mouse dick’s difference.:grinning:

3 Likes

Despite everything, I actually quite like hifi…

Amazed I’ve not been banned yet, mind…

1 Like