Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

The fail shows it has the same lack of irony as always.

5 Likes

Fucking Microsoft and Bastard Google. Iā€™ve spent the best part of a day trying to get my windows 10 lappy to talk to my Chromecast Audio. Installed and uninstalled and reinstalled apps, tried Google desktop cast extentions and the fuckers just wonā€™t work together. Weirdly, I can get stuff to go to my 1st gen Chromecast thatā€™s plugged into the telly, but not the CCA thatā€™s plugged into the hifi, FFS, they canā€™t be that different.

Twats.

Have you tried switching it off and on?

3 Likes

Fuck off Chris. :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve asked on PFM, loads of streaming nerds experts on thereā€¦

Tried using your phone to set it up? Needs to be on the WiFi mind.

Having a bit of an argument with a bloke on the Roon forums whi thinks this list of albums constitute good ā€œpsychā€ albums.

Grateful Dead (rayski picks were good)
Phish (Junta)
Pink Floyd (Obscured By Clouds)
Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson (Voyage 34, Stupid Dream)
Early 70s Miles (Bitches Brew, Black Beauty)
Jimi (Axis: Bold As Love)
Air (Moon Safari)
Tortoise (Standards)
David Crosby (If Only I Could Remember My Name)
Dr. John (Gris Gris)
Mickey Hart (Planet Drum)
Phillip Glass (Passages)
John Coltrane (Live In Seattle)
Carlos Santana (Love Devotion Surrender)
Bjork (Vespertine)

2 Likes

Tried phone and tablet. Iā€™ve found another app in the Windows shop that gets reviews that suggest it might actually work, but itā€™s a paid for one, and Iā€™d like to be sure before I chuck money (even just Ā£3) at it.

Itā€™s a bit weird because Iā€™m certain that app wasnā€™t there before despite me using the same search terms.

I seem to remember that it never seemed like it set up correctly, but once Iā€™d power cycled it, it worked fine.

Did he die in the mid 1980ā€™s?

Some of those choices I would agree with. Although, TBF, I donā€™t understand what constitutes Psych these days.

I think itā€™s an issue with Windows, works fine off my phone and tablet.

Well there you go. Fuck windows, with a cockpunch to Bill Gates for ever thinking of it.

1 Like

No point in arguing with someone that clueless. Just troll the fucker into the ground :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

And fuck me, it does. Itā€™s called Playcast and you can get a 24hr free trial if you dig around a bit. Ā£3.09 in the Microsoft store. Itā€™s not the most intuitive interface Iā€™ve ever used, but itā€™ll do.

1 Like

Aaaaaand this thing is glitchy as Max Headroom on electronic speedballs.:imp:

It plays individual tracks of whatever format fine and sounds really good, but try playing an album, a playlist or constructing a play queue and it skips tracks left, right and centre, and gapless is but a distant dream. And every single album appears twice, and then when you open the album every track is duplicated :rage:
Fuck, fuck, fuck, shit, cuntybollocks. Is it really too much to ask that a player plays the fucking music in the order youā€™ve bastard well selected it in? FFS.

Bollocks to this shite, how does anyone put up with cross platform streaming? Itā€™s fucking well easier getting up and putting a cd in. Even Vinyl is less work.

And all of a sudden, all the positive reviews that were on the Microsoft store have disappeared and thereā€™s just the ones that say itā€™s a buggy piece of shitā€¦

2 Likes

Ahhhā€¦Mr IceHockeyBoyā€¦weā€™ve been expecting youā€¦ :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Cockpunch to anybody expecting anything other than a year of misery sorting out new product/software from Microsoft. They are utter cunts so are happy to take your money and allow you to beta test their shit too.

1 Like

What? Is that directed at me Twinkle? Youā€™ve lost me, not difficult, I grant you.

1 Like

Full stop.

Mrs VB was a software engineer for a while. I had to bite my lip over the use of the word ā€˜engineerā€™. I worked with other people who called themselves engineers (mechanical, electrical, optical etc). For them it was simply a given that what they designed/built had to work. To spec. Perfectly. Every time. That was ā€˜engineeringā€™. If they produced something that was ineffective or unreliable then there was trouble. If they made a habit of it then they were fired. Consumer software isnā€™t like that though. If it works reasonably well most of the time for a little while then thatā€™s considered good enough. When it doesnā€™t work then finding someone who knows (really knows) how to sort it out is harder than finding a unicorn who can plait water.

Maybe in a few hundred years time this wonā€™t be true. But, boy, it is now.

VB