Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

What have they done that is so wrong?

Its no good asking Wiggins or Brailsford, you only have to see what colleagues and competitors are willing to say - this is about as far as most atheletes will go in pointing the finger at another sportsman.

Got you, so heā€™s pushed the rules to the limits and covered his arse to make sure the authorities Okā€™d it. The only likely loser here will be reputations and the credibility of the sport, again.

I wonder if there is any indication of how rife this behaviors is in sport generally. I can remember that lady tennis played (Russian, canā€™t spell her name) who got pulled the other year for continuing to take a prescribed drug after it had been banned. She had taken it for years and hadnā€™t realised it had been banned. The point here being not her bad memory, more that a drug known to enhance performance had been taken in preference to another drug whilst it was entirely legal to do so. She alluded that this was rife in tennis. in other words that they are all at it where they can be.

So many top athletes appear to be quite unhealthy. by all accounts.

Itā€™s all down to the short sighted stupidity of authorities and governing bodies allowing special pleading, given an inch athletes and coaches were always going to try to take advantage.

The use of anti inflammatory drugs for asthma is a particularly cynical move given that there has been a rise in the general population of people affected, and any criticism appears to make ordinary sufferers, who can relate to the athletes reported condition, angry that this is somehow a kind of prejudice or unfairness about their condition. It isnā€™t, itā€™s just a prejudice about cynical athletes who may or may not genuinely suffer from asthma using the rules to seek an unfair advantage over their competitors.

1 Like

Iā€™ll happily take one right now, just to take the pain away.

Iā€™ve found out the only thing more painful than standing on an upturned plugā€¦sitting on one of the bastard things.

I think Iā€™ve drawn blood.

Metal up your ass (obligatory old skool Metallica reference).

Hope this helps.

Unless you have a female socket a male plug wonā€™t work.

1 Like

The cunt that is selling the Audio Synthesis power amp for 50% more on the same forum he bought it from 3 months ago and then getā€™s shirty when itā€™s pointed out to him. Whoooorrra cuuunnnt.

Yeahā€¦not arsed.

Sajid Javid is due a cp for the proposal that public officials should swear an oath of allegiance to British values. FFS, an oath of allegiance, itā€™s just not very British, is it?

British values, like our long tradition of welcoming refugees and immigrants to this green and pleasant land. Aye right. Thereā€™s nothing more likely to make an immigrant feel welcome than having his community targeted for integration and being forced to swear an oath to some nebulous mumbo jumbo before theyā€™re deemed suitable to serve this great British public.

British values, like democracy, where first past the post guarantees that only voters in English marginal seats have meaningful votes.

British values, like freedom of speech, which is lovely as long as you donā€™t send a tweet that might hurt someoneā€™s feelings, or wear a t-shirt with a slogan that might offend a policeman, or sing the wrong song at a football match.

British values like freedom of religion, provided you donā€™t choose to exercise your faith by living exclusively within your own community and continuing to speak only your mother tongue. You must integrate apparently.

Tolerance is, ironically, a great British value

Need I go on?

Sajid Javid is clearly a lot stupider than he appears. Obviously a glittering political future beckons.

2 Likes

While I cannot disagree with the sentiment of your post, or indeed the accuracy, I must lament the limp, nay flaccid, nature of your rant. 6/10 for effort but please feel free to get stuck in a bit more the next timeā€¦:nerd:

As a public official you have my word that I will repeat the word cunty McCunt Face during any such ceremony. Said politician hadnā€™t met many public officials has he?

1 Like

:grinning: Bit harsh.

Itā€™s not really a rant because you canā€™t stay angry when faced with a genuine cretin.

One might describe it as a very British rant. :smiley:

I think the oath idea has a bad smell about it. But to be fair to Sajid Javid it wasnā€™t his idea (at least not originally). It was recommended by Louise Casey in her recent report, and his point that it would be unreasonable to require immigrants to swear an oath when UK nationals wonā€™t sign up to the values in it has some merit. The problem is agreeing those values.

There is precedent for something like it when it comes to employment. I suspect most people would sympathise with Marks and Spencer if they chose to employ someone who did support their business principles over someone who didnā€™t. And they wouldnā€™t think it unfair if M&S were to probe that in a recruitment interview. I guess Javid would say that the state, likewise, wants to employ people who are (say) tolerant, fair, honest, prepared to listen etc, especially if those people are going to be dealing with the public directly or making decisions which affect individuals.

Just my two pennā€™orth of course.

VB

Well played sir, well played, toodle pip.

The Oath. How would it be implemented? I believe there is quite a lot of people involved.

Would the oath be sworn on an individual basis, in small or large meetings, on video cam or by email? How many more bureaucrats will we need to employ to document enthusiastic oathing, half hearted oathing or taking the piss oathing? Will the oath be sworn in English and will sufficient interpreters be made available for those who never meet the public and so havenā€™t yet mastered the local oath accent.

Will courts be set up to punish those who break the oath? What punishments will the courts have available.

Whether a good idea or not, itā€™s just not practical on so many levels. Have these people noting better to do?

Sadly, until they hand out the blue, white and red paint and some paintbrushes for our Red, White and Blue Brexit, the answer is obviously no.

I think the best format would be a Saturday night game show set in 1955.

2 Likes

To be even fairer to Javid it seems he only said he was ā€œdrawnā€ to Caseyā€™s oath idea and he then went on to say that he would set out his full response to the report ā€œin the Springā€. This is code for ā€œletā€™s throw the Mail readers an early Christmas present while actually kicking the whole thing into the long grassā€. Donā€™t be surprised if, in five yearsā€™ time, no public sector recruit has sworn an oath to anything.

VB