Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

An elected second chamber fits some kind of ideal, but would be horrible in practice.

It’s bad enough trying to motivate people to vote for an MP. Look at the turnout for MEP and Police Commissioner elections. Hopeless.

1 Like

I’m not seeing much punching of cocks going on right now :punch:

4 Likes

House of Lords is basically like a clinical trial Ethics Committee for politics. It irritates me that ethics committees have a religious representative, but I reconcile it by considering them just as an extra lay person but one with stupid fucking beliefs, so not entirely unrepresentative which I guess is kind of the point.

I agree with you…but as a chair of a large ethics committee, the religious representation does bring with them a slightly different take on ethics (informed by their belief) that does inform and enhance the work of the committee.

That’s the serious translation of what I was saying :wink:

I know it’s political, my point was it shouldn’t be, but will be very hard to achieve.

I don’t mind some political input, so long as that was countered by other representatives

I just don’t wish to see people who have irrational beliefs, or are part of organised religion having any input to anything important that could have an affect on others.

There are plenty of others who can bring different perspectives through their rational thought,empathy and understanding without the need for involvement of superstitious people.

3 Likes

In Oz the House of Reps is voted for every 3 years. The Senate every 5. This works (for the best part) with a few glaring exceptions. An occasionally “stacked” upper house that “blocks supply”
The electoral system in Straya is substantially different however, with proportional representation allied to compulsory voting.

Given the utter fucking loons from Central Queensland, Western NSW and Northern Tasmania that regularly get returned to the Senate in Straya I am not bothered by a few Bishops or inbred Serf-Botherers in the House of Lords

1 Like

What’s wrong with Pauline Hanson ?

Nothing. She’s my favourite, especially since I moved to the UK. It is fuckers like Barnaby Joyce that wind me up. A moon-shaped fizzog one could never possibly tire of slapping.

1 Like

I love you :heart_eyes:

Stop drinking the cloudy beer.

As if you were ever that skinny :innocent:

1 Like

:rage:

1 Like

Fixt

Enjoy your ban :unamused:

2 Likes

We need non-lazy, non-complacent, non-ignoring of the Family Court, non-retired before investigation policing. How to get there?