Your first motor stories

My oldman tried to talk me out of buying a vespa 125 at 18 for one of those based on my uncles tales of reliability. I bought the vespa.

2 Likes

:+1: Right choice methinks

The spit of my first car -

Vauxhall Magnum 1800

Great car, until you turned left at any sort of speed.

1 Like

My first, 18 months old, paid £775 for it, insurance £155 :smirk:

7 Likes

Mmmmm…dark beige…:joy:

1 Like

Should have gone to Specsavers :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know, it’s really diarrhoea brown, but I was being diplomatic :grin:

2 Likes

Two words; Reliant van :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

You can have a different two words back…:stuck_out_tongue:

Ford Cortina? :grinning:

1 Like

My first car was the greatest small car ever made - the Vauxhall Nova.

Mine was a 1.2 3-door hatch in a delightful shade of hearing aid beige and I bloody adored it. I cherished it for 5 years and saw it on the road about 3 months after I sold it, with the back damaged where it had been rear-ended. I was absolutely gutted and furious in equal measure.

Still quite fancy trying a decent 1.6 GSi but finding an un-Barried one these days is like trying to find a virgin in Portsmouth. I also have an inexplicable lust for a 1.3GL 2 door saloon which is even weirder, especially as I would only really want a beige or brown one.

1 Like

My first car was a yellow 2 door Triumph Toledo.

Bask in the sunny glory of my first car, a Snapdragon Yellow Allegro 1.3, complete with brown go faster stripes.

yagg1

Not mine but as near as makes no difference.

Loved that car, it never broke down, I could service it myself it took me and Mrs Rob Mk1 all over the country in reasonable comfort and cost peanuts to buy and run.

The only issue it had was water ingress, which I never ever tracked down. If it pissed down overnight, there’d be an inch of water I the front footwells. In the end after sealing every possible place I could think of, I gave up and drilled holes in the footwells.

Brown vinyl upholstery I hope :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Black velour, was sporty, especially after I pumped a few more psi into the suspension and put a K&N air filter on it.

:hushed:

1 Like

Sporty for a 1.3L Allegro, obvs.

My first car bought from a good (much older) workmate £50 month for 12 months

9 Likes

1.3 Morris Marina in green

1 Like

My car driving history is somewhat chequered

I think my first car was a hillman minx

Sadly 2nd gear didn’t work