18th Birthday Present Ideas

It’s my nephews 18th Birthday coming up and I’m really stuck for an idea for a present.

He does not have really any hobbies other than gaming (Nintendo/Pokemon) and being an 17yr old guy, his girlfriend… He is not moving out of home anytime soon so I can’t go down the practical route (white goods, homeware, basic tool kit etc) and other than a contribution towards a car, I can’t think of anything.

The suggestion has been ‘keepsake’ but given he does not wear a watch, and no interest in one, not interested in other gents trinkets, I really can’t think of anything.

When I was 18 I got a digital camera, as in the early/mid 2000s, that was quite exciting…

Any ideas? :rofl:

2 Likes

Blatant ‘I am younger than all you old fuckers’ post there. Get to feck @hoopsontoast .

11 Likes

Can he drive? Trackday/supercar experience? Karting?

Can’t drive yet, started late due to the 'Rona… But yeah I like the sound of that!

1 Like

Karting then.

I think he might be as well, the closest competition is probably me and @freefallrob.

1 Like

Buy him a yacht.

2 Likes

I have a boat going spare…

1 Like

4 Likes

The French have just put a nice one up for sale on eBay. One careful (Russian) owner…

3 Likes

Buy him a crate of beer and several bottles of vodka.

3 Likes

I’m not sure his Mum/My Sister would thank me for that… He is bad enough after a fruity cider!

It sounds like he needs a nice activity to get him outdoors and active.

May I suggest a horse?

9 Likes

hot tub

2 Likes

And some Pampas grass.

1 Like

I had the choice of a car and lessons or a stereo for my 18th

I chose the latter.
Technics supg480a
Suv500
323 cassette deck
TDL rtl1s

I still can’t drive and this hobby has cost me thousands. Wrong choice ? :thinking:

5 Likes

Maybe a nice meal for them both?

distillery tour

I got tickets for Motörhead at the Birmingham Odeon for my 18th so, yeah, don’t do that.

2 Likes

Hifi , or at least decent headphones.