2019 Formula One

Sad - A great driver and role model.

From Rosberg jnr…

2 Likes

4 Likes

It’s Monaco weekend. It’s Thursday. It’s politics…

Warming up nicely :+1:

1 Like

Great pole lap that :+1:

1 Like

Indeed. He was a bit excited.

1 Like

Probably because he thought Bottas who was behind was going to nick it.
He can’t have known he hadn’t recorded a lap

1 Like

Well we’re are out for a curry tonight with friends so we’ll miss the highlights on C4. Since we are ‘on holiday’ and Sam’s now into F1 I’ve invested in a Sky F1 day pass to watch Monaco…

Just had a day pass. Now watching Indy 500. It’s dull !

Yeah they just turn left :wink:

Given that we heard Cassandra Hamilton moaning like a drain for 40-odd laps of the Monaco circuit with Verstappen up his chuff, does that detract from his drive ?

We all though Senna was the man in 92, and that was only with ten or so laps of Mansell pegging him (in an albeit much faster car than Verstappen had)

I’m torn

1 Like

From what I can tell Merc made the wrong tyre choice and put Hammy under a lot of pressure.
The fact that he still got the job done (despite all the chirping) just shows his pedigree.
It is races like this in circumstances like this that world champions win.

1 Like

Why don’t we stop calling most of these “races”, races. They are not.
In horse racing, where they actually race, if you block someone, you are disqualified, as in athletics, where they actually race.
If it is a race, then the fastest person/car wins.
I know we have tactics, etc, but the whole idea of most car racing, is who impedes best, wins.

Qualifying ruins racing because the fastest cars are at the front already…

Shorten the race then have a second in reverse finishing order :grinning:.

Oh and return to ground effect aero, remove the wings.

All that will do is create carnage at the first corner as every car is faster than the car in front.

I’m sticking with it, it’ll be great viewing.

So is stock car racing but it isn’t F1

Bumpers instead of wings :+1:

Everyone knows of Adrian Newey as designer of world beating cars, who’s behind Merc success? Is there an unknown (to the leyman) single genius, or is it a Borg hive and collective mind. The engine has been equal if not behind Ferrari for 18 months, who’s the Genie in the lamp?

Best leader pegs in the right holes, leading the best people over a long and stable period of time

As always, really, in F1 - double diffusers aside, there are rather few shortcuts