2019 Formula One

Looks like that might be hydraulic fluid rather than oil dripping…

Oh my word…not having a lot of luck so far… :frowning:

Another bad day in the office for Ferrari today especially as the Chairman was present. Hopefully a better day tomorrow for Charles especially if he beats Seb.

Yay ! E.J. Yay :unamused:

1 Like

Wot a nob he is.

Ricciardo :man_facepalming:

1 Like

He’s in a poor mental space at the moment. His decision was virtually forced upon him, now the serious regret and disillusionment sets in.

An OK race but not as exciting as previous Baku races. Still…

1 Like

By himself.

Not as simple as that.
If you felt that the team was favouring your team mate, he was paid more and your pay demand wasn’t met, you have to make a tough choice. Helmet Marco only considered one driver in the team. He felt that he would become a support role, especially after Baku.
If I was put in that position, I’d feel that I was being forced out. I would rather jump than be pushed.

2 Likes

It’s not that I don’t understand the physcological reasons that he walked, but your facts are wonky, no?

He certainly wasn’t pushed. They matched the terms he asked for - even he himsef has said this - and this was why Horner was so surprised he had signed for Renault. So while Marko had a favourite on the other side of the garage, he wasn’t “forced out” or about to be pushed.

The calcuation he had to make was whether he would be better off staying in those ‘Webber-esque’ conditions or going to another team. As a top drive wasn’t available, I wonder whether he wasn’t better just manning up and staying put: he only need look at his new teammate to see what happens to one’s reputation when putting in consistently impressive mid-of-the-grid drives.

Not. At. That. Point.
But as we aren’t party to the extent of the internal wrangling…

I don’t particularly care for the RB management but they’re hardly gonna genuinely offer him a contract only to “push him out” shortly afterwards, if only cos £££

If the relationship becomes untenable ?

It’s not as if it would be the first time.

For the record, I too disagree with hid decision. I think it shows a degree of naivety. However, I believe that he thought that given the atmosphere and obvious bias, that this was his best choice.

Not really F1, but Alonso bins it in Indy 500 practice…

Saw that yesterday. Quite an impact. A bit of an awakening for Alonso.
I loved his quote, “The wall just came up a little too quick”.

1 Like

Again, not technically F1 but a motorsport good news story none the less…

2 Likes

Wow, he didn’t qualify, I didn’t expect that.

1 Like

Very sad :frowning: