2022 Formula One

7 Likes

Probably needs at least a 2023 thread technically, but:

2 Likes

I wonder how that fits in with their intention to float Porsche?

I think given the recent events of that boat sinking, we can safely conclude Porsches don’t float very well.

1 Like

I was firmly convinced that Porsche had ceased to be part VAG - and I think at one brief moment in time that was even true, but now - confusingly - it seems a company called “Porsche Automobil Holding SE” owns the controlling stake in VAG!

What’s in a name?!

Quite a few years ago Porsche were strong and tried to take control of VW but the market changed and they merged with VW as a stronger partner and using the Touareg base car to produce the Panamera which saved Porsche given the popularity of vast barges.
Currently the Panamera, using a platform shared with Bentley and Audi, the Macan using a platform shared with almost all the VW group and ditto Panamera are their big sellers.

The 911, 718 and Taycan are Porsche designs but now Audi are making a limited number of E-Tron GTs using the Taycan platform but manufactured and chassis engineered by Audi.

1 Like

Making VW briefly the most valuable company in the world I think.

You mean Cayenne?

Yes I did!

Vaguely F1 related .

Some paint was swapped.

2 Likes

I was there, terrific atmosphere.

Hehehe.

4 Likes
1 Like

Poor response really I think - If he wants to go one to be a sport Ambassador should he really be doing this type of stuff?

Yes, absolutely IMHO. I think the more varied the people who are ambassadors to the sport, the more open and accepting it will be viewed / become. It already has a serious problem with the general makeup of its participants - the vast majority are wealthy, white and male and relatively conservative in terms of personal flair.

2 Likes

The driver safety rules both fireproof underwear and no jewellery while driving have been in place for decades and are sensible.
Mind you for years it just meant taking your watch off. I used to get the watch handed to me by the driver to put in my pocket so it didn’t get stolen!

4 Likes

I wondered how you got such a nice collection :grinning:

5 Likes

Presumably his cock ring? :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve got a huge amount of time for LH, but this is a personal safety matter - the importance of which Goeswrong’s fireball wreck in Bahrain a couple of years ago was a stark reminder.

More concerning really is that the FIA is only now addressing the issue - presumably Hamilton has had the piercings for some years at least?

Sid Watkins will be tut-tutting in heaven…

1 Like