21st Century Problems

Take one of these with you. Everywhere you go.

2 Likes

I always take a power pack with me for this very reason. Charge it up in any socket during the day.

There will be a bedside lamp though. Here you go

lamp%20adaptor

Job’s a good’un.

VB

I remember my Gran using one of those to run the vacuum cleaner off a light socket :astonished:

One classic way of starting a wiring fire was for the lady of the house to spend the evening ironing by electric light, with the electric iron (could be 1-2kW !) plugged into an adaptor like that. People also used to use them to power electric fires.

VB

Sometimes I hate special offers.

The Waterstones that I just spent some time in while youngest did a class thing there has a cafe. £2.40 for a flat white, but it’s coffee and cake day, so for £2.20 you get a slice of cake with a free coffee, so the cake is minus 20p. So I end up forcing down a cake that I didn’t really want.

Then after the class I take daughter there for cake, smiling inwardly at the prospect of my free coffee. But no, she wants a toasted tea-cake. Despite being cheaper at £1.90 than the cakes, they’re not included in the offer, so I have to pay full price for my coffee.

Bah.

1 Like

You could have poisoned the child with a second cake and saved yourself another 20p.

VB

The answer was to give your budget cake to a homeless person and now you must write a lengthy column in the Guardian about how you can never quite come to terms with your middle-class crimes of Capitalism.

2 Likes

in St Albans

Are these options or is this a set of instructions?