AA FUNDRAISING TOOT BAZAAR

Did this fit ?
Lost track on this one.

Sorry. It’s a bit long to fit mine.

This is still available, any reasonable offer will secure.

£20 sent

1 Like

Anyone want it for £5 donation
Will bring to lopwell if wanted

Meridian Explorer DAC (mk 1)

Mk 1 means “not MQA”

The Mk1 is definitely discontinued. I think the Mk 2 is as well.

The DAC has a mini (not micro) USB input.

It has a 3.5mm jack out for your headphones etc., and an optical S/PDIF out which is also a line-level 3.5mm jack out. Yes, weird, but you read that right.

Comes with a full-fat USB to mini USB cable, so one end goes into your PC, the other into the DAC.

Also comes with some kind of dorky pouch which I’ve never opened.

The blurb says it will do up to 192kbps digital.

There’s loads of crap about drivers. I understand that it will work without drivers on a Mac.
It says it needs drivers for Windows XP etc. I have used it without drivers on Windows 10. Although I doubt it would do up to 192k without drivers.

TBH I don’t know if you can still download the drivers from somewhere. Maybe best check before getting excited.

Obviously you may need to provide USB C cables etc. if you’re planning on plugging it into something funky.

I never got it to work with a phone. This may have been a problem with me, the phone, or the DAC. I can include a USB mini to USB micro cable so you can try to get it to work with a phone, then scream at it like a constipated baboon.

I was going to ask for £20 for this, but it’s going towards the site, and a glance at eBay would suggest that £20 is low, so, £50 to Jon for running the site please. Collected or ferried from @Jim’s next weekend (I’m getting tired of paying to give stuff away).

5 Likes

Bills to pay toot Bazaar needs feeding - Goods / services / bad advice welcome.

1 Like

No fcuker wants my DAC.

Actually.

I was just about to put this on Freecycle.

17" frame bike. Has a bit of an issue with the nut on one of the pedals coming loose, but practically no wear otherwise. Not used in a couple of years.

I’ll throw in the U lock that cost £40.

£30 to Jon. Collected from SE21.

3 Likes

It carries the unlikely sobriquet of “Ridgeback Velocity”. They were shit out of Shagmaster 9000s when I bought it.

2 Likes

AA’ers excel with the attitude of ingratitude

5 Likes

The bike has now been picked up via Freecycle (in the most obvious fit-up it might as well have been rigged by the local Magic Circle).

Record shelves in birch ply and pine, built many years ago by a friend who is furniture maker

Dimensions: 126 W x 225 H x 39 D

Holds around 1,500 records

can be disassembled for collection from Stockport

Contribution to the site

9 Likes

Bloody hell, that is nice. Very generous gesture.

domestic rearrangements render them surplus to requirements unfortunately

1 Like

Have you got rough dimensions for them Simon. Width and depth please? I’m hoping I could fit them behind the sofa in my listening room.

:grin:

Feck, much medication gobbled today… Is it freestanding or is the top plate fixed to the wall?

I have always used it free standing.
the top plate is there so it can be fixed to the wall, but tbh I have never needed to do that. even when empty its a heavy & sturdy thing

1 Like