AAAC - Tues 15th Nov - Wire Chairs missing

Its got leopards, a fly and sheep what more do you want?

Glad you found something unknown- as Mibby says the first 3 albums are all classics and worth having.
I wasn’t expecting so many “it was a safe bet” remarks, remember I did pick it on Friday so it was this or, Death of a Ladies Man - Leonard Cohen

As I said not for everyone, Thanks for giving it a fair crack though.

Something like this, randomly being picked off the shelf gets me more excited than the postie with a load of record mailers in hand these days::grinning:

1 Like

Good point, well made.

But are there any goblins?

1 Like

I didn’t realise until I played this album for AAAC, that I actually knew it, although I’ve probably not heard it in about 25 years.

My best mate at school (and still today) was (is)a big Wire fan and I suppose we must have listened to this a fair bit at his house.

Listening to it now I can definitely hear the influence Wire must have had on some of the indie guitar bands I was into. I’m pretty sure that Belle and Sebastian must have been into them because there’s at least a couple of songs here that remind me of B&S.

I quite enjoyed the nostalgia trip so, while it’s not something I’d rush out and buy, it’s something I might pick up if I saw it. 3/5.

I had a listen to this at 0330 this morning. I’d not heard of them but, considering what was written above, was taken aback. There are some decent parts to it. Some interesting sounds and feel. Sadly, it doesn’t develop any of those themes and becomes very haphazard. It’s all over the place. You just start to get into a drifting, interesting soundscape and it changes direction to some pseudo punk bollocks.
AND THAT SINGER IS APPALLING !!!

[quote=“OzzyOzzyOzzyOiOiOi, post:24, topic:350”]
Some interesting sounds and feel. Sadly, it doesn’t develop any of those themes and becomes very haphazard. It’s all over the place. You just start to get into a drifting, interesting soundscape and it changes direction into some pseudo bollocks. AND THAT SINGER IS APPALLING!!![/quote]

Couldn’t you say this about most of your listening?

No. My music is lovely.

1 Like

I thought “pseudo punk bollocks” summed it up quite nicely!

1 Like

Give you prog and you’re still not happy, at least it’s flute free ffs.

1 Like

Me thinks more research is needed :unamused:

Good point, well made.

1 Like

TBF, I’m rarely happy :expressionless:

I had noticed :+1: But I do find myself in a similar mood often

All that’s missing from that statement is some Prog and some nice flutes. Adds a lot to music does some nice fluteism.

You are a terrible troll. Are you @Harryasaboy in disguise? If so I claim my £5.

Pfffft !

1 Like

You’ve got to respect the influential nature of Wire, but this did less for me in terms of enjoyment than Pink Flag.

They are dragging punk towards electronic and goth influences, but it’s one to admire rather than love.