AAAC: Tuesday Nov 1st - Brian Jonestown Massacre: Third World Pyramid

I’ve been enjoing this, this week. I have always ignored BJM probably becase of their name, which is a bit stupid really! Good to see a lengthy back catalogue to get my teeth into… Thanks Olan!

This was (obviously) a rushed choice on my part. I was given a copy on the day after release and had a quick listen before posting it on grounds that it was new and somewhat interesting. I’m pretty much in agreement with most of the posts on the thread. It doesn’t rock, it is not the BJM’s finest hour, but it is alright.

I’m not sure that’s what the majority verdict has been🤔

1 Like

If anyone’s at all curious then there’s a compilation called Tepid Peppermint or something which is a much better intro to BJM or give Methodrone a listen.

You are entitled to an opinion, even if it is wrong. :kissing_heart:

Tepid Peppermint Wonderland Volumes 1 and 2. Take It From The Man and Who Killed Sgt Pepper? are also quite OK.

Jackie and I were talking about BJM tonight as she gave me the record the other day. I seem to have accumulated a large number of their records (something like 16 LPs) and rarely listen to them at all. Yo La Tengo are the same, LPs are just good enough to merit purchase, but don’t seem to get lots of long term plays.

Just realised that I didn’t write a review despite having listened to it twice. The problem is that i can’t remember a thing about it either good or bad!

1 Like

Slack bastard! It is your turn next too, so feel free to not be two weeks late!! :smiley:

1 Like

My chosen album is ready for tomorrow for you lot to ridicule. :smiley:

Great. Now please stop bumping the moribund carcass of my AAAC thread so it will disappear in the fullness of time.

:cry:

I gave it another go, lasted 2 minutes before I was distracted by the paint drying.

1 Like

It must be meme time. I shall deploy this one having dusted it off specially for you:

1 Like