Acoustic Treatments / Room Acoustics

He said it wouldn’t taint the flavour.

Wasn’t easy to break it to the dwarf’s family mind - but at least he died doing what he loved…

5 Likes

Bought acoustic foam & got the supplier to fix a double sided adhesive layer on one side.
Could be stuck to inside of cupboard doors & Bob est ton oncle.

Wouldn’t the double sided adhesive layer act as a reflective surface, lessening the absorption abilities of the acoustic foam?

Was recommended by a pro acoustic design company so I bow to their great knowledge.

I wouldn’t, because Paul’s right.

In a rather surprising turn of events, we’ve reached an entirely amicable agreement on moving the Wench’s desk and a lot of the other stuff that needs storage to other areas of the house, thus leaving the lounge both clear and lacking in massive cupboards. Remarkably pleased with how things have turned out.

10 Likes

Lacking massive cupboards? Get some big Tannoys in there.

1 Like

Haven’t decided what’s actually likely to take up residence as and when money allows. Possibly a set of singing fridges, or some gravestones (ESL2905s). Triangle and Wilson Benesch also in with a fair shout.

1 Like

Stereo 16As :grinning:

2 Likes

Hahah This has made my morning

Make sure they’re not freezers. (See @Jim)

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Obviously nearer the time I shall provide a lengthy list of requirements of dubious relevance, take all opinions and use them as a comprehensive list of what not to get.

You’re off to a solid start listing Wilson Benesch…
disappointment_valley

2 Likes

Heard some with Viva electronics at Munich a few years back and was seriously impressed. I suspect their shitty rep stems from being played at shows with old Chord electronics that really didn’t work well together.

True up to a point - that’s certainly a horrifying pairing, but I’ve heard an assortment of models in private systems, and never known a pair to stay in any system long, and invariably whatever’s replaced them has sounded better - even Acoustic Zen :flushed:

So, yeah, top of the list now :+1:

3 Likes