(That’s me with the fat legs)

22 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

And this one!

1 Like

Awesome

1 Like

I’ve got thousands of these NYC snaps. I’ll stop if you want.

This one needs a crop tbf

8 Likes

It’s pretty rare in physics. Essentially the whole subject is about the quest for absolute truth. A single exception to, say, the law of conservation of energy (strictly mass-energy) would prove that law to be (if we were being polite) ‘incomplete’ or (if we were being brutally honest) ‘wrong’. In physics wrong laws are no longer regarded as laws. They might well be useful for getting ‘near enough’ answers in practical situations. But that’s engineering :slightly_smiling_face:.

I can’t really speak for chemistry, but at the physical end of chemistry, which overlapped with what I worked on as a graduate student, they still do their best to be rigorous. The world they’re working with is a good deal more complicated than is often the case in physics, however. So when they start constructing models to represent reality it has to be understood that any particular model might be an oversimplification. And that in itself will lead to some examples of reality not fitting any of the models very well.

As far as I can tell the subject of biology is about trying to categorise systems which are often almost incomprehensibly complex. The surprise, in fact, is that it’s possible to impose any order on this complexity at all. They have had some notable successes - Mendelian genetics, DNA sequencing and structure (at least at the lowest level, but good luck to you if you want to predict protein folding) - but as you say in other areas they’ve always struggled and continue to do so. The root of the problem is the degree of complexity.

I jiggled the aerial in the back of the set…result!
Imgur

8 Likes

The B&W almost has a ‘film set’ quality to it - I could see a Ray Harryhausen-tier Hound of the Baskervilles doing its murderous thing there. Clever bit of processing.

Some real Quality in this thread recently; never seen DK look so exotic!

3 Likes

While enjoying a nice bike ride I noticed this tree so had to climb over a fence to get the shot. The water was a bonus as I couldn’t see that from the road.
Imgur

14 Likes

A couple of weeks ago on the TunbRidge WElls Circular, my friend mentioned a Frog Migration Event.

Several Froglets were seen later on the walk through EriDge PaRk…

2 Likes

Fucking pretty sunset in Eridge last night…:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

New-ish City offices
Imgur

12 Likes

A cracker

1 Like

I had the pleasure of seeing this guy (Martyn Joseph) perform at a small festival in Dorset this evening. God he was good!

6 Likes

Lordy, there’s a name I’ve not heard in a while. Welsh chap, from Swansea? Used to be quite popular in the god-bothering crowd some 20 odd years ago.

1 Like

Pike today in Bushy Pk

10 Likes

That’s the bloke, but I think he may be from Cardiff. Close enough I know!

16 Likes

Better one from last night.

I think I’ll stop posting the same bloody seascape for a while now.

(It’s wonky, isn’t it? Fixed it now)

18 Likes