Aerial Photography - Droning on & on

You need to get bigger ones to deal with wind. I imagine Shetland-proof ones are quite heavy!

1 Like

Haha I actually Shazamed the track before posting and it gave me this lot

1 Like

I think the Dreadlock Tales part are people from Scandinavia but I actually like some of their stuff.

Are you battling with urges to import beads? When in nature are you connecting with the ley lines?

These are some of the more acute symptoms of modern paganism. Milder inner urges include, making towers out of pebbles on a beach through to a curious fascination with large granite boulders.

1 Like

Like a Chinook

2 Likes

Here’s another one from Sunday afternoon. A little further upstream past Calstock. I wanted to have a look across the river around the Eye of Sauron chimney & the surrounding area of the old Gawton brickworks. This is private land & doesn’t even make itself accessible to anyone on foot. Even if you could find a way in you’d need to be wearing waders. One bonus was seeing the cave/mine which I didn’t even notice on the phone screen I was using as there was too much light around. Will need to go back & look more closely at that. Any of the areas that appear barren are where arsenic spoil was dumped in the past. Nothing grows there.

Frantic & offensive (probably) accompaniment from Tor Ma in Dub.

Interesting that some of these Bandcamp bands let their material be used on YouTube. I have paid for the downloads so no thievery is going on.

1 Like

Tooling about over Tavistock this afternoon.
Took a while to land back on the viaduct. Quite breezy up there.

2 Likes

You’ll have to do one around the prison

3 Likes

That should end well :grin:

3 Likes

Have you been above the dam at Lopwell ?

No, will do that next weekend. I’m trying to put together a flyover of the whole river all the way up to Dartmoor. But some sections are difficult as suitable launch/control points aren’t always easily accessible. Did a nice stretch from just above Lopwell all the way to Denham Bridge yesterday morning.

3 Likes

Brentor and burrator would be great in this weather.

For Brentor I’d need to avoid the days gliders are flying. Supposedly you need to get permission at Burrator but I doubt it’d even be noticed.

Was thinking of one of the high spots looking down on the reservoir

1 Like

A compilation from a couple of flights over Lopwell & Maristow House last week end. Upstream to the islands & down river to Bere Ferrers & Blaxton Creek.

7 Likes

Fantastic shots Guy.
Looks a proper bit of kit that drone.

The islands upstream look worth exploring. It’s a shame you’re not supposed to launch craft above the dam.
I had a walk to Blaxton creek the other day.

1 Like

Blaxton Creek was the site of a tidal mill back in the days when it seemed like good idea to use tides to power stuff.

The last couple of years I’ve been up above the dam in a kayak (the first time with @Spider) It is amazing as no one goes up there & no one seems to live by or make use of that stretch of river. You feel like a Victorian explorer or Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now looking for a missing, evil tribe of Brownies & their terrifying canoe thief of a leader.

7 Likes

[shudder]

1 Like

Portreath & Gull Rock today.

4 Likes

And another at Godrevy Point yesterday. Also an experiment in what music Youtube will allow to accompany these films.

@Wayward

4 Likes