Possibly a bit early in the year to start this thread, but what the hell. This has been an excellent year for comebacks. Three LPs in my top five from artists who haven’t released an LP (under the chosen name) in decades. So my current* top ten reads like this
- Sonic Boom: All Things Being Equal
- Cabaret Voltaire: Shadow of Fear
- The Orb: Abolition of the Royal Familia (particularly the ‘In Dub’ version)
- The Wolfgang Press: Unremembered Remembered
- The Asteroid No 4: Nothern Songs
- Rose City Band: Summerlong
- Sunda Arc: Tides
- Carlton Melton: Where This Leads
- Sault: Untitled(Black Is)
- Mammal Hands: Captured Spirits
I also hugely enjoyed Miles Davis: Double Image but that is a collection of outtakes from Bitches Brew, all of which were previously available. Live LPs from Mogwai ‘2018’ and The Twilight Sad ‘It won’t be like this all the time:Live’ are excluded but have seen very heavy play play.
*I’ll have forgotten loads of things. There is nothing in the list from Zone Six or Electric Moon which worries me. I may need to make this a top 20 .