All the Football (Part 1)

It’s the Bearmacht versus the Wehrmacht on the streets of Seville tonight. :rofl:

I was living near Barcelona when they beat Moscow Dynamo in the 1972 Cup Winners cup and they over celebrated big time. We thought it funny, the Spanish did not.

2 Likes

After the 2008 final in Manchester, the behaviour of the Rangers fans was characterised by Judge Blake as

the worst night of violence and destruction suffered by Manchester city centre since the Blitz.

It was reported on the local Scottish news that the Seville authorities are well prepared and have installed lots of extra portable toilets in the city centre. I think they are confusing Rangers fans with people who use toilets. :wink:

At the behest of the club, Graeme Souness, Ally McCoist and Richard Gough have all issued pleas to the fans to behave so I’m sure it will be fine. :+1:

1 Like

This was my first ever Villa match, taken by my Dad who’s best mate was a Rangers fan. He thought it would be a good introduction to the Villa for me. I remember being kicked by a Rangers fan as Police tried to drag him out of the stand and my dad having to take me out and then explain why I had this rather large bruise on my side to my mum. My Dad had to promise never to take me to the football again, that, thankfully didn’t last very long.

I never knew until chatting to someone I worked with in the late 90’s who was actually working in a shop in Bull Ring on the day that the match was actually postponed.

1 Like

That was bad luck. I’m glad to hear that it didn’t put you off the game for life.

1 Like

I imagine winning the European Cup 6 years later had the opposite effect in raising expectations (followed by 40 years of year on year disappointment) :sob:

1 Like

It has been a steady downhill since 82. Loved watching the videos of that team at the match last Saturday. Still my heroes 40 years on.

2 Likes

My Dad was a football man through and through, spending Saturdays on the Holte End with him is something I will always be grateful for.

4 Likes

And that is what it’s all about. Family , friends and memories.

Something I think the generation who think qualifying for the champions league is success will not understand.

3 Likes

I also went to that game. It was something else.

1 Like

Nor the generation bought up on playing FIFA on their Playstations and associated glory hunting support.

2 Likes

Think the match is on YouTube for those who don’t have bt sport from 6.30

2 Likes

Yup, best of luck to Rangers tonight, would love to see them win it.

2 Likes

Clearly your medication isn’t working. :wink:

Or the side effects are horrendous…

Up the Jerries and down with the Hun

Hmmmm … Is it more of an achievement to win the Scotch League or the Europa League :thinking: Nah Europa League Methinks :slightly_smiling_face:

Meh! Loathsome club with horrible supporters.

Hun v Hun

Man Citeeea ? Couldn’t agree more … Noel Gallagher anyone !

There’s some brave (foolish) white shirts in the Rangers end