All the Football (Part 2)

Fuck, I really, really hope France get done by a freaky goal

Best game of the world cup for me. We have made massive improvements since the tumbleweed years of the 80’s -2000’s. Finals/semifinals/quarterfinals, that would be unthinkable not many years ago.

Fuck half a bottle of whisky and we lose .

Sleep tight!

1 Like

Too soon for him to think about it now but I reckon for the Euros Southgate needs to bin some of his stalwarts and rebuild, particularly the defence.

Sterling, Maguire, Shaw, Walker and *Henderson are not the future.

*FWIW I thought he had a great tournament but he’s going to be too old come the Euros to play the high intensity game he needs to, to be effective.

He needs to build a team around Bellingham with Foden & Saka the next two names on the team sheet.

1 Like

More importantly I got the score right on the predictions :+1:

1 Like

I was hoping to defrost the fridge …but shes gone to bed

3 Likes

I reckon Hendo will retire now. Not exactly a shock call, I grant you.

1 Like

Yep these three are exceptional talents and seem to have good professional attitudes. Bellingham has future England captain written all over him.

FWIW I don’t see him doing it.

Way too conservative to make radical changes. I also think he’s tactically naive and reactive (albeit slowly) rather than proactive. I expect he will stay on as manager though and the FA will be happy for him to do so, cos he says the right things and toes the line.

2 Likes

No nor me. I can’t stand Beaky, he’s so frightened of losing he loses sight of how to win.

1 Like

In dramatic narrative terms, this is now set up so;

• Argentina muscle their way past Croatia. There will follow, two bajillion pictures of Messi and Modric giving each other a meaningful post match hug with many column inches on the passing of the old guard.
  • Morocco’s defence remain impervious to the best efforts of the French team who muster 98% possession and 300 shots on goal with Morocco scoring with their only chance in the entire game. Many columnists who should know fucking better write extended pieces on this being a metaphor for colonial revenge.
  • In the final, it’s a tense, yellow card infused stalemate, eventually undone by a single piece of Messi brilliance. There follows, several column miles on him being the GOAT and a picture of Cristiano Ronaldo crying is projected onto the next full moon for the unbridled joy of it.
9 Likes

I’m seeing a re-run of the 2018 final with Croatia getting their revenge.

1 Like

Just back from the Black Swan (Mucky Duck). On the pub tote, we buy a lucky dip ticket for £10.00, sealed until the semifinals.

So tonight I found out that I’ve got Crotatia!

Prizes - £100 for second, £200 for the winner and £20 for England (consultation prize)

COME ON CROTATIA.

2 Likes

Wasn’t she a Russian Grand Duchess?

4 Likes

The hype

The reality

Shambolic defending

Game over.

Jesus, it’s the McCoist/Dixon dreamteam.

At least it livened up in the last 15 mins or so, I was beginning to lose the will to live.