All the Football (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from All the Football (Part 1) - #10019 by browellm.

Previous discussions:

I listened to this today. Drama about a Sri Lankan Spurs fan who goes to Qatar to help build stadia for the World Cup. It doesnโ€™t really encourage much enthusiasm for the upcoming sportwashing event but probably does reflect the experiences of the many thousands recruited to build the infrastructure.
Worth a listen.

1 Like

A lesson here for FIFA :grinning:

Only for the proles though.
โ€œThose in corporate areas of stadiums at the tournament will still be able to purchase alcohol.โ€

Karen Carneyโ€™s โ€œSurprise Teamโ€: Spain

Spain

1 Like

Inspired!

The further we go into the tournament the more difficult it will become

Thanks Alan, I can see why you get paid the big bucks :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Canโ€™t watch the build up to most games any more.

I just switch on at kick-off

4 Likes

Lol, 10 seconds into the World Cup

Ecuador defender - Iโ€™ll just backheel this into the middle of my own penalty area

Qatar payment to VAR thenโ€ฆ (Iโ€™ve got Ecuador for the office sweepstake)

1 Like

Surprised the VAR decision wasnโ€™t a penalty to Qatar

1 Like

That goalie wouldnโ€™t get a game on the rec on a Sunday morning.

Ref is a bit trigger happy

Game of the day for me has been Lewes Womensโ€™ gritty victory away at Sunderland. This Qatar Ecuador game lacks spice by comparison.

4 Likes

Shite

1 Like

That was an awful game. I canโ€™t remember a worse team at the World Cup than Qatar. That could have been 6 or 7 if Ecuador could have been arsed. Not tonking Qatar senseless might cost them a place in the second round if the group turns out to be tight.

1 Like

Just booked a train journey for tomorrow lunchtime. Then checked the football times, and then remembered that Avanti West Coast has great mobile/wi-fi so I can probably stream the footie to keep me entertained. Sweet.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is quite funny.

2 Likes

This is the aggregated team the BBC picker thing came up with and I think thatโ€™s my team too, except probably Pope in goal.

I canโ€™t see Southgate playing a back 4 after the group stages, though.

I hope he sets up like this, whoever is picked.