All the Football (Part 2)

Probably my team too with Pope in goal. Except he’s picking Maguire and Sterling, isn’t he :flushed:

:poop: :poop: :poop:

I might consider Maddison in place of Mount but he’s injured (we knew that before they left though)

Just read this lol

Still, 4-3-3 has to make us better and a good performance might see the back of his negative tactics.

We’ll know the team in 45 mins, until then Sky (and me, of course) are merely speculating but it wouldn’t surprise me if Maguire and Sterling start.

Blind. Fucking. Loyalty.

1 Like

Yeah, he’ll be going from what he’s had from them I imagine but you never know.

Not sure Beaky’s idea of 433 will be particularly attacking, it’s just completely alien to him.

He might be tempted against Iran but I suspect dull defensive business as usual when England play USA & Wales.

This is my shocked face.

Positive Mental Attitude!

Just living in hope here.

As expected.

Maguire and Sterling in.

Jordan Pickford, John Stones, Harry Maguire, Kieran Trippier, Declan Rice, Jude Bellingham, Mason Mount, Luke Shaw, Bukayo Saka, Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling

FFS off for a walk with the girls before I kick the telly over.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for a game on ITV (or STV for me) *Surely they can’t have a worse “team” than Shearer, Richards, Ferdinand and Scott. Utter fucking drivel spewed out again and again and again.

*Or could they?

1 Like

HIAs not applicable in this World Cup eh?

:rage:

Great finishing in all 3 goals

1 Like

Little Satan are on easy street now.

More importantly:

i was hoping they might have kept him to the end of the season.

No chance. He lost the dressing room weeks ago. He had to go.

They’re praising Maguire’s performance as he goes off.

Did they not notice that it was he who let the striker get the run on him to score the goal?

5 Likes

Thinking exactly the same thing.

A result beyond most people’s expectations, I just hope they don’t start to build them up as World beaters, it was Iran after all and we conceded two goals and it could have very easily been three.

Bellingham MOTM for me and by some distance, outstanding.

One more point

VAR + consistency = never seen in the same sentence.

1 Like

To hear him talking after the game saying about the type of team they wanted to be, I think we might have turned the corner.

Yeah, some much harder tests to come but it was nice to see some goals going in.