All the Football (Part 2)

Looking forward to USA vs Iran :+1:

1 Like

Both sides will fancy it

Think it will be far better than eng v wales

1 Like

Tbh, it’s job done unless Wales beat us by 4 goals :crazy_face: But it doesn’t bode well when we meet similarly disciplined sides with better quality players in the latter stages.

Waiting for the post match interview with Southgate - They were very well organised, they were difficult opponents - but we knew they would be, we’re still top of the group with one game to go, we still have a great chance to qualify, tournament football blah blah blah.

3 Likes

Might be better off coming 2nd and possibly getting Holland

1 Like

Pretty fucking close

3 Likes

Spot on I’d say.

1 Like

Same old same old story .

Need to be purposefully moving forward. That was sideways shite.

Good effort by Straya. They really battled for that win. I hope they can do the Danes and progress but I very much doubt it.

1 Like

Played really well. Haven’t looked at the group, is there any chance a draw will do them?

That’ll depend on GD after the Fra-Den game. Australia have 3 points and a -2 GD. Really hoping France pump Denmark for 3 or 4 as Denmark have a 0 GD and will go through with a draw on GD if that game is tight.

2 Likes

Always feel a bit gutted when the group stages of the World Cup come to an end. Love these 4 matches a day.

2 Likes

Me too, makes you wonder what you did all day before it all started :grinning:

1 Like

Ha, this number 23 for the Saudis can play.

1 Like

They have really surprised me how good they are.
Better than many teams in this World Cup

1 Like

The foul he got pinged for in midfield, he actually won the ball then the Polish fella went through the back of him.

1 Like

It’s bizarre how they say “ooh, I think he got a touch on the ball”

The fact that he also wiped out the opposing player is barely mentioned

(Matty Cash booking)

1 Like

Just looking at the knockout stages where if SA get through they would play either France,Australia or Denmark.

If they avoid France,they have a decent chance of getting to the 1/4s

1 Like

Lucky he didn’t get a second yellow there!