All your science in here

His long term aim is to be the fireman :steam_locomotive: chasing Elon Musk’s starman in the Tesla.

Agree cool but completely crazy.

“My story really is incredible,” Hughes reflected after his mission. “It’s got a bunch of story lines - the garage-built thing. I’m an older guy. It’s out in the middle of nowhere, plus the Flat Earth. The problem is it brings out all the nuts also, people questioning everything. It’s the downside of all this.”

Hmmmmm…

FTFY :grin:.

VB

1 Like

Indeed, that’s the remarkable bit :astonished:

1 Like

Everything about Astronomy does my head in, but mainly it is the numbers.

2 Likes

Science fiction culture has been predicting fighting robots since the 1920s. We’re nearly there.

Absolutetly - nearly every blob of light in that photograph is a galaxy with trillions of stars in them. :crazy_face:

On a similar note

https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/status/

Delightful to think that the light we see today from that star started travelling (at ~300 million metres per second) roughly 5.5 billion years before our solar system formed… :crazy_face:

Space: it’s a Trip.

1 Like

And then some !

1 Like

It’s interesting to note that at the moment the Voyager craft are getting further away from the sun, but they’re not getting further away from the earth. The earth’s orbital speed around the sun is enormous (about 70,000 mph) and the direction is such that we’re heading towards where the Voyagers are faster than they’re moving away.

VB

5 Likes

Hearing your unspoken words…

The thought police are coming! I would imagine hacking into someones internal dialogue would be quite illuminating. For those with less than pure thoughts, Audio Lab Ya will be offering a limited run on their patented Lead chapeau

Does this have the worrying side effect of blocking Schumann waves?

We have a down firing unit built into the top and a super potent ‘upgrade’ designed for daily use

It’s not reading your brainwaves. It’s sensing your speech muscles twitch involuntarily. Presumably you can blank it with appropriate training. Or botox. Or alcohol.

Plus it only ‘hears’ internal speech. Those of us who haven’t yet progressed beyond thinking in pictures are safe anyway.

VB

1 Like

Internal dialogue is a dirty world, it is ‘unfiltered’ I had a friend who was a hypno therapist. He stopped practicing because he could not process the weirdness.

Who’s in there with you ? Mine’s an internal monologue.

VB

1 Like

Not a question to ask the custodian of the mind garden… :wink:

See Transactional analysis