All your science in here

4 Likes

Or in non-SI units, 0.43 Astras.

5 Likes

Mind blowing

Meh!

I got a new power cord. What difference does that space shit make to my TT ? Huh, huh ?

It would make an adequate PSU

Hmmmmm :thinking:

I confuzz, will this fuck with my Schumann?

Prolly

1 Like

The Schumann will transcend it in every respect

This sentence should be a meme for all ills.

2 Likes

If you follow the story back to the Wikipedia source he quotes then it says there that the power was 3.6 x 10^49 watts which is actually a thousand times bigger than the number in his brackets. I reckon that would be 36 (not 3.6) septillion yottawatts. It was only for a few milliseconds though.

You probably wouldn’t have wanted to have been in the same galaxy when it went off. If I’ve done the sums right then, say, the energy yield was 10^47 joules. Here on earth the sun delivers perhaps 5 x 10^7 joules to every square metre at the earth’s surface each day (obviously it all comes in half the day). The black hole event would have delivered all of that in a few milliseconds if you were standing a distance of about 2 x 10^19 metres away. That’s rather smaller than the radius of our galaxy (5 x 10^20 metres) but it’s probably still too close for comfort.

VB

1 Like

Still not enough to drive a pair of fuckin’ Apogees.

6 Likes

Don’t know what it all means but love the words Septillion Yottawatts. Could also be the name of JRM’s next sprog

3 Likes

Or @MGOwner’s next AAAC.

3 Likes

Considering how far away it was the picture quality is amazing.

1 Like

Me too. Yotta- is the highest prefix they’ve got round to naming (kilowatts, megawatts, gigawatts, terawatts …) and is 10^24 watts.

A septillion (as in million, billion, trillion …) is another factor of 10^24.

VB

1 Like

Is a septillion more or less than a brazilian?

I wouldn’t ask Diane Abbott :potato:

4 Likes

Diane Abbot and a Brazilian - the mental image is going to give me night terrors.:face_vomiting:

Interesting

2 Likes