All your science in here

3 Likes

funny-cartoon-astronaut-relaxing-on-260nw-1670014309

It looks like we don’t fully understand the science behind curling…

We understand several effects that cause the difference in friction that cause the curl, but we can’t fully quantify these, so we’re not quite sure why they curl the way they do.

Still great to watch though

Cool video.

7 Likes

Been following this, amazing news!

As a link, anyone interested this book is a great read!

2 Likes

Fabulous work. It’s quite something to see this on the sea bed adding life to such an incredible expedition.

MrsKettle has been listening to Dan Snow’s podcasts on the search for the ship.

The Boss would be impressed.

And my fave job ad never happened, or at least no evidence it did… Still good though.

2013091012202209_10_2013_shackleton (1)

5 Likes

This cartoon came to mind

3 Likes
1 Like

anyone got a hairy black hole

Waits for obvious Uranus joke to be posted

I thinks Uranus will end it’s days getting smashed in a big bang rather than a hairy black hole.

You’re welcome👌

1 Like

This from the latest (May '22) issue of Physics World, the magazine of the Institute of Physics.

I confess I didn’t know what Noether’s theorem was, although I reckoned that whatever it was it’d have to be bloody impressive to knock JC Maxwell’s best efforts off the top spot.

It turns out I had come across it, I just didn’t know what it was called. It is actually bloody impressive. I fear it isn’t very well known a) because it’s at the mathematical end of theoretical physics, so a bit hard, and b) perhaps because Emmy Noether was a woman.

2 Likes

Brown doesn’t exist…kinda…

Context, not wavelength.

3 Likes