All your science in here

As if the rest of us know Maxwell’s theory😁

As for that other one, I didn’t get past the second line of basic examples.

But you’ve heard of them, right ? You can get them on mugs

and tee-shirts

and they’re in cartoons

(which is a bit wrong, by the way).

But … Noether ?

Me neither, really. I was from the grubby experimental end of the subject. Still it’s neat that we (OK, Prof Noether) can prove that the fact that the behaviour of a system doesn’t change with time means that there must be a law of conservation of energy, no ? I mean …energy … time … what ?

1 Like

I at least vaguely know the area of physics that Maxwell’s equations belong to, even if I’ve no idea what any of the symbols actually represent or any clue how to work with it (much less remember them).

I’m surprised that E = MC^2 didn’t get the top spot though.

That was what Mrs VB thought. Given that the contest seems to have been for ‘favourite’, surely it’s the one that most people are aware of ? Are we saying they know it but don’t like it ? (Probably we’re saying that the voters weren’t really the folks on the Clapham omnibus.)

In a previous, far far away life, Maxwell’s Boundary equations were the bane of my life, especially when transitioning between frequency bands. Hateful things.

Joan was quizzical
Studied pataphysical science in the home

Qué ?

Equations! What’s that all about then? :face_with_head_bandage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJag19WoAe0

:+1:

I just remember that his demon was a massive cunt

So was his daughter

Is

Is there a good one apart from James Clark? :thinking:

Clerk.

1 Like

Surely any favoured equation on here would need to involve π

Y’see, that’s the trouble with the current war, 'cos we now all know that’s actually instruction for making a cup of tea with milk and two sugars - written in Ukrainian.

1 Like

I can’t remember where, but there was something about leaded petrol here recently. I thought of this video but forgot to post it…

2 Likes

Elon Musk is good at computer stuff, can we send him up to try and fix it?

1 Like