LTNs, 20mph etc. Traffic calming, or the war on motorists

Whenever I go to Brighton (not often) I drive to Lewes and get the train. Parking in Lewes + train fare is so much cheaper

I get free travel on Buses in the SE and some other parts of the UK, so that’s how I travel if possible. Especially when going to Brighton! :sunglasses:

In Streatham we are in the middle of a ‘Consultation’ on LTNs. If the current design is acted on my street will have access only for registered residents cars with no taxis or deliveries catered for. God knows what the designers are thinking … Areas close by which already have LTNs report women being put out of cabs at the edge of the zone and having to walk home at any time of day or night and in any weather. Most of those who design these things don’t even live in London so as long as their agenda is fulfilled they couldn’t give a toss.

It appears that they still don’t get it. 53% of residents of Haringey don’t even own a car.

TBF to me it looks like a spoof. Those bastards are trying to take away your traffic jams and replace them with a bucolic scene with a push bike and a pram.

But yeah, they’re for real.

Actual Tory councillor. Being able to walk to the shops is Stalinist.

In case you needed evidence of his political judgement

I was worried I felt a bit Stalinist walking back from the pub on Sunday. Turned out I was pissed :+1:.

9 Likes

To be fairy, you are easily confused with a Stalinist…

Excellent work tovarisch. I just did quite a long Stalinism to the hipster bottle shop in Herne Hill.

ÂŁ5 for a can of Pravda :scream_cat:

Stupid and not afraid to show it. Knob.

Do I detect a bit of a tingle in Ben’s loins as he lurves up to Liz?

Scrolls up and checks…
No, but Truss has nips :+1:

I see Sunak thinks that attacking LTNs might get him some votes.

It’s all about freedumb apparently.

I though ULEZ was a FatBoris/ToryCunt thing though. I has the confuz

2 Likes

So are / were LTNs.

But now they’re a gazillion points behind in the polls I guess they’re trying anything and everything, including “if we run down your kids then set fire to the planet will you vote for us?”

2 Likes

I thought the Oxford city conspiracy theories was that they were a condition of central government (i.e. Tory) funding for electric buses.

Thread should be titled ‘An absence of integrity’. The cunt is willing to hitch his wagon to any right wing nutjob conspiracy theory if he sees votes in it.

1 Like

As I like in the hinterlands I don’t give a mouldy wank about LTNs other than that on the whole they are a good thing for the planet.
I do wonder about the safety of pissed up young women who have to be dropped off a long walk from their house or deliveries of large appliances left on street corners because evri can’t get to your house.
I dunno maybe they’ve fixed that lol

That is a real point Julian2002. Evri and the likes have the software to plan routes for deliveries but Uber/minicabs are a real issue for single women at night here in SW16.They can dump the woman at the edge of the LTN and leave them to walk the last half mile home.
Not thought through by the vote hungry politicians or for that matter any car user with children/grand children.
If we didn’t all want jam today we could sort this out but it will end up being down to the planet.