Angling - watcha caught?

Fuck, if I get back into all this you lot are in BIG trouble.

4 Likes

Superb, I had quite a few 10lb ish carp when Perch fishing a commercial the last time, which Iā€™ve just seen was 2015!!!

King prawn, Dynamite baits predator liquid.

Iā€™ve never caught a big Perch. I went through a lure only phase for about 10 years. Theyā€™ve just changed the bylaws on the RMC to allow lures again on our stretch so Iā€™ll be back to that when the weather/weed allows

3 Likes

No shore / sea anglers amongst us ?

Used to fish a lot but havenā€™t been for years. On my stag night last Saturday a couple of my mates mentioned that we should go again.
Bbq / smoker , few beers sounds good.

Donā€™t go so much these days,but caught this in 97

3 Likes

Letā€™s go perch fishing. :+1:

1 Like

Itā€™s usually the other way around for me - Iā€™ve had the odd perch while carping!

1 Like

ok, definitely up for that

1 Like

One day Iā€™m too going to drag you up the Trent to fish for enormo-barbel. :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never really discovered sea fishing, I have some gear and have good marks on my doorstep but lack of time stops me I guess. A mate of mine has had some good winter cod off the beach at Dungeness. Iā€™ll go with him at some point. Needs a good blow and a proper cold spell!

I might have to pop to the canal in a minute, my addiction has been triggered.

1 Like

I think to make a success of it you really have to put the hours in. The Guys down here that are regularly pulling in decent conger , Ray , Bull Huss etc are out every available tide.
Some cracking Bass have been caught in the estuary down from lopwell.

1 Like

Are there many tench around there? Iā€™ve not tried hard but whenever I go round here, I struggle to get through the bream!

I bet. There is good bass fishing here too, if you know where to go. I guess all fishing is about putting the hours in if you want to be successful. I donā€™t do that anymore because it feels too selfish. Taking the kids is one way around that but itā€™s more about them than me. When they leave home I may get more time but then Iā€™ll probably want to maximise my time with Kerri!

Iā€™m more than happy to Sherpa, I just dread the idea of going down the rabbit hole of having my own fishing gear again. It makes coffee and hifi look like amateur hour. :grinning:

2 Likes

Knowing Ritchie, youā€™ll probably need oneā€¦

l_leyland--sherpa-van-1974

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never caught one.

Oooh yeeaah! You are never truly out if you have had the bug once. Be honest, there is something missing isnā€™t there? You are an angling John Wick. :joy:

1 Like

Angling was never a childhood tradition in our family. We were Sunday league football, long distance swimming both open water and in the pool, competitive water polo.

I was once given a rod (long gone) by a family friend. My next door neighbours boys are into it in a big way and seem to spend weeks on fishing trips.

1 Like

Not everyone gets the bug but, but if you do it can be er, absorbing :open_mouth:. I was mental about it when I was younger, I used to fish a couple of times a week or more, sometimes all night and go to work in the morning and then do the same the next night. I used to spend all my money on bait and tackle, go on fishing holidays, read about it constantly etc, etc. I still have mates that have kept that up and a part of me is enviousā€¦

2 Likes

I am finding the conversation here, and those I have with my neighbours sons fascinating. I am though time poorā€¦