Angling - watcha caught?

Bit of fishing on the River Medway and listening to Test Match, hardly saw a soul all day, :person_in_lotus_position:‍♂
Caught a few nice Chubb too :wink:

6 Likes

Nice club. I do enjoy a bit of fishing. What did you catch it on?

1 Like

Where on the Medway, day ticket?

Good fishing down here on the canal.

4 Likes

I’ve fished the RMC only around here, Appledore, Iden Lock, etc, It’s full of fish. A bit of pre-baiting and you can get a big bag of those bream without too much difficulty. Unbelievably, miles and miles of it hardly ever see a bait!

1 Like

Yeah, I drop Audrey off at school, dump a bag of sweet corn in a swim. Come back after dinner and have a fun hour. Even better is fishing barbless I lose half of them at the bet and don’t have to get slimy.

What I’m really after is the French though and I might have to invest in more gaff for success there.

I don’t really get enough time to go these days and feel a bit guilty when I do. I’ll take the kids this week somewhere - probably to a commercial - but its not quite the same. I’m mostly there as the de-tangler! :grin:

2 Likes

Ritchie and I were only saying last weekend that it was about time we had a fishing faff thread :grin:

2 Likes

I intend to do lots of fishing after I retire and we move up to Norfolk. Plenty of rivers and still waters to choose from. My fave is carping with a pole :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Euphemism Alert !!!

3 Likes

Can you old fellows get a wrist replacement op on the NHS? Caster’s elbow might also be an issue…

2 Likes

not me unfortunatley, my eldest (Jim) and one of his mates during a sesion on a Cambridgeshire Big Pit

7 Likes

Strawberry flavoured luncheon meat :wink:

Fordcombe, near Penshurst. It’s a small club Rookery AC - Tunbridge Wells AS also has a stretch here.

2 Likes

:+1:

I normally take my 11 year old to Rookery’s small lakes - he’s getting better but OMG the number of tangles - kids today…

We don’t go often enough for mine to improve. I don’t get much time to take them. My son doesn’t really like it, he doesn’t like much apart from the PlayStation to be honest! I always feel like I’m dragging him there. My daughter loves it, she and I used to go a lot when she was little.

I know mine is somewhat similar Fortnite would win every time if given the choice, but for now he seems to enjoy it - his older brother likes it too so that helps. I really just want to get him to the point where he can set up and catch a few fish on his own then he’ll always be able to pick it up.

My dad took me to begin with, I was 9 or 10 at the time. He regretted it later when I became monomaniacal and never did anything else! My lad really struggles with his fine motor skills and is a bit uncoordinated generally, so I guess he just feels like it’s another thing he can’t do. I keep it quiet but by 12, I could whip on a spade end size 20 with no problem.
He did catch a few last time we went, including a 7 pounder, which left him shaky and grinning like a maniac, which was nice. :grinning:

3 Likes

Only took my son fishing once
I say fishing it was more netting,he slipped and fell into the sea and I had to grab him out

Lots of crying and not done it again

3 Likes