Another...What are you listening to, right now?

Was…

Now…

After the news of Judith Durham, we are both nostalgiaing hard.

2 Likes

Released yesterday. Live album from his 2019 European tour

Numbers from just about every stage of his career, it slips easily between heavy grunge versions of songs like (Buffalo Springfield’s) Mr Soul to such delicate acoustic numbers such as Helpless and a somewhat self-indulgent version of Rockin’ in the Free World.

With the caveat that I’m a huge fan, this should still appeal to those who have only sampled his music in the past.

3 Likes

Good place for a total newbie to start Paul ?

Maybe a *total newbie might benefit from some of his studio albums first

Who knows though, give it a try :man_shrugging:

*surely you’ve heard some of his output?

I really haven’t. I’ve always sort of avoided his stuff before but I’ve been getting into quite a lot of older music recently, so worth a shot.

Harvest is as good as any place to start with NY.

3 Likes

I started with Decade :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, there seems to be a dearth of his Albums on Spotify :slightly_frowning_face:

Listen to “Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere” and if you don’t like it then best forget Neil Young

3 Likes

Yeah, he withdrew them all, Joni Mitchell too AFAIK. One of the reasons I didn’t go with Spotify.

I’m listening on Tidal.

Changed to

1 Like

Apparently, some of the stuff he doesn’t own the rights to is back, but not his entire catalogue.

Most of the Album’s have the odd track

While some of the singer-songwriter’s music is, indeed, available on Spotify, Reuters said he has not “returned,” as claimed. Instead, the only Neil Young music on Spotify is from movie soundtracks or other events that featured him but were released by other entities. Neil’s Spotify page is still largely barren and is not a complete list of his catalog, which spans nearly 60 years.

1 Like