Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 2)

Meatman Airlines - When You Don’t Give A Flying Fuck Where You’re Going

15 Likes

Never a dull moment.

16 Likes

St Pauli district Hamburg by Alice Oswald-Ruperti

7 Likes

by Shirley Baker 1965

7 Likes

Tottenham Court Road in 1954

7 Likes

Well before Hatfield and the North’s first album

2 Likes

The same thought occured to me Kev - I guess the street signs over the years must have something to do with them choosing their name ?

2 Likes

“The name of the band was inspired by the road signage on the main A1 road heading north from London, where the a succession of signs referred to the first major town, and the overall direction, as ‘A1 Hatfield & the North’.”

Got this explanation on line and it seems to be that rarity where the ‘urban myth’ is actually the reality.
It also agrees with what I was told as a 15/16 year old when I first heard their music

1 Like

Hatfield and The North…is fucking excellent !*

*I am very drunk :+1:

3 Likes

Makes a nice change for an urban myth to ring true :+1:

1 Like

They did morph from a Blues band to a Canterbury scene prog band with members moving on to play in Caravan and Gong

1 Like

Strangely, I am aware of that :grin:

My parents separated when my sister and I were starting primary school. We lived with my mum, in Boston, but in the school summer holidays my dad would come and fetch us to spend a few weeks with him and his new partner in London. I remember seeing those signs as he drove us home each year.

1 Like

Of course you are!
I forgot I was conversing with my metaphorical grandmother :grinning:

1 Like

Fuck off Grandad :rofl:

3 Likes

The urge to ride a chopper wearing a sombrero has never been stronger…
Chicago’s South Side, June 1973

8 Likes

Aerial photo of Manhattan in 1944 by Andreas Feininger

12 Likes

John Thomson - China. 1870

8 Likes

Photo of J.W. Edwards, Winston-Salem North Carolina, 1942. Couldn’t find photographer credit.

6 Likes

Somewhere in Fife.

7 Likes