Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 2)

Shhhhhhhhhh!

Probably a Weatherspoons now :wink:

1 Like

Luxury Apartments

2 Likes

The view from @Jim’s sweet spot.

Photo nicked from Catherine Slessor - prez of the C20 society. I think there was some sort of presser today.

6 Likes

That floor. The temptation to take a run-up in smooth-soled shoes :laughing:.

9 Likes

On a different note

3 Likes

I’ve probably told this story before, but a very long-standing mate (2 onwards) mate’s maiden aunt went on a tour of the US late 1980s.

She was boring the family to death with photos and eventually got on to California where a terribly nice young man and his friend (we think they weren’t married!) had helped them set up on the beach.

Mate: err, that’s David Lee Roth

3 Likes

Alexandre Fourreaux after he had just finished the 1903 Tour De France

9 Likes

What a fabulous use of the building. Lovely :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A pair of Australian surfers drove this classic Westfalia Kombi throughout Europe before shipping it over to California ( Hermosa Beach).

Mike Hynson, Hermosa Beach. The San Diego surfer went on to co-star in the 1966 documentary, ‘The Endless Summer.’ - LeRoy Grannis.

Hermosa Beach, Stronzetto & Bettina Brenna (During his turn as a member of the Brotherhood of Eternal Love) LeRoy Grannis. 1965.

7 Likes

The Camper is wicked.

isn’t it.

The dream. Oh to get back 35 years :disappointed:

I vote Stronzetto - camper vans FFS :grinning:

2 Likes

Meh ! I’ve got 5 -10 years (hopefully) before stuff starts going seriously wrong / falling off, so, until then, other stuff (solitude, simplicity, freedom, self determinism etc) is more interesting !

1 Like

Great photo, not just because it has Sid Vicious with a self inflicted knife wound, drunk & reading MAD. But also because Paul Dacre is in it as well.

Story here.

5 Likes

Just me or is the early version of Bibendum (the Michelin Man) nightmare fuel?

6 Likes

Look more like early Doctor Who monsters

1 Like

Danger, Will Robinson. Danger!

1 Like